Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Greetings! Now what has been going on that I need to know about? - Page 1

Greetings! Now what has been going on that I need to know about?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-01-30 21:32:11
I've been gone for over a month. If someone can clue me in on stuff other than Yuzihax leaving and the IRC closing please do so. Thanks! I've been doing stuff elsewhere lately. Oh and hello Abwayax.
As a side note, I don't think I've been able to get to know any of the Admins very well and I can understand that I've been a pain in the ass to them in the past. If you would be so kind to take the time to talk to me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks! Oh and feel free to call me glitch if you like. Most other people who know me in the cyber world do.

Re: Greetings! Now what has been going on that I need to know about?

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-01-30 21:35:36
Well, I never met you to begin with, since you joined after I left here. (My old account was Tommy Walker)

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2009-01-30 21:43:02
Because this is one of those Re-Introduction Topics, its going to introductions.

Anyway, I don't think I've met you, maybe I just don't remember you, I don't remember a lot of people who come back.

Date: 2009-01-30 21:45:11

Because this is one of those Re-Introduction Topics, its going to introductions.

Anyway, I don't think I've met you, maybe I just don't remember you, I don't remember a lot of people who come back.

You don't remember me either, do you?

Date: 2009-01-30 21:47:06

You don't remember me either, do you?

Your second username, yes, your first one, hardly, I remember you posting, but I don't remember what was in those posts.

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-01-31 14:13:50
I know you (kinda) from YouTube. Hi.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-02-02 12:28:08
I remember you.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-02-02 12:44:43
Glitch, JSYK, GARY 'M 9 is now xparasite9.

GlitchBattle is in freefall, but Pok?mon GCL Edition development is going smoothly, with an alpha due out around April.  (This isn't set in stone – Abwayax hates deadlines.)

Date: 2009-02-02 16:58:27
Don't all makers of fan games and rom hackers hate deadlines?
You got me confused with the whole GARY 'M 9 is now xparasite9 thing. are you saying xparasite9 is no longer on GCL?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-02-02 17:06:08
The whole GARY 'M 9/xparasite9 name change thing confuses me, too.  Apparently he's GARY 'M 9 again now.

Yes, all game designers hate deadlines.  Just look at Duke Nukem Forever.  It's been in development since '97.  Of course, Pok?mon Red and Blue took 5 years to develop….

Date: 2009-02-02 17:28:17
Apparently it was the same case with Gold and Silver in Japan. I know of several games that were ruined due to deadlines. One of Which is The Lost World Jurassic Park Trespasser. It was released unfinished and is very buggy. However, now that there is a large modding community, there are homebrew patches to fix some of the bugs. Not that I'm complaining. In fact people on this site could have a field day with this game without patches applied. So many fun collision bugs and dinosaurs who contort into weird shapes sometimes for no reason. Not to mention nonsensical physics that will make you laugh.

Date: 2009-02-02 17:46:18

Apparently it was the same case with Gold and Silver in Japan. I know of several games that were ruined due to deadlines. One of Which is The Lost World Jurassic Park Trespasser. It was released unfinished and is very buggy. However, now that there is a large modding community, there are homebrew patches to fix some of the bugs. Not that I'm complaining. In fact people on this site could have a field day with this game without patches applied. So many fun collision bugs and dinosaurs who contort into weird shapes sometimes for no reason. Not to mention nonsensical physics that will make you laugh.

One game comes to mind instantly: Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-02-02 17:53:22
Wait, wait, wait. Who changed who's name again?

Perhaps more people need to get their names frozen?

Date: 2009-02-02 17:56:11
GARY and xparasite are two different people…

Date: 2009-02-02 18:07:28
I'm well aware they are two different people (xparasite9's lack of hyperactivity in his  more recent posts was a dead give away he wasn't himself. Yes I'm well aware of the terrible joke I just made.)

Wait, wait, wait. Who changed who's name again?

Perhaps more people need to get their names frozen?

As far as what I understand, GARY 'M 9 has been posing as xparasite9x. Or at least that is what I gathered from CJMiller.