Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Former member coming back with a fresh start - Page 1

Former member coming back with a fresh start

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-03-27 22:21:22
I am a former member and IRC chatter at GCL, and I'm coming back under a pseudonym. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute more than I previously did.

Edit: Ah, f*ck it. I'm flygonlover.

Re: Former member coming back with a fresh start

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-03-27 22:43:42
Hello, welcome back to GCL!

Date: 2009-03-27 23:07:47
Thank you. I am glad that IRC chat is gone because I was addicted, and it would be too much of a temptation to have the link dangling next to my cursor.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-03-28 00:04:19
Hi there, welcome (back) to GCLF. I can't help but be curious as to what your previous account was, but you don't have to post it here. Nonetheless, hope you enjoy your return here.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-03-28 00:33:42
The IRC chat isn't gone. irc://abwayax.com:6667/#glitchcity :p

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-03-28 11:04:05
Abwayax, you going to make that public soon or?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-03-30 19:37:57
I'd go to the IRC channel but My Wireless Router makes everything a chore. I can't even begin to describe to you what my connection does as not too many people seem to have this problem. Basically for example, Youtube videos will stop loading after a certain while and will not resume unless the video bar is moved. downloads do something similar as well. I'm connected wirelessly to a DSL Router via wireless adaptor.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-30 20:01:04
Glisp: Pause the video at the exact start (while the counter still says 0:00).  It will buffer 30 seconds.  Play as normal.

Date: 2009-03-31 17:38:44
That only solves one of my problems. It is the connection not my wirless adaptor. Okay I'll try to describe what its doing:

On the Task bar, there is a little computer screen icon that shows if the wireless is working or not. Anyways when the computer is sending or recieving information form the internet, the little computer screen icon flashes blue. However, during something such as a download or something similar. The blue screen will go black and the computer will stop recieving information.

Also, it works fine when sending information such as uploading a youtube video or something similar.I

've been trying to solve the problem for months now. My wireless connection's adaptor is attached to a DSL modem. I can't help but wonder if a connection or something is fried. I can't seem to find anything wrong with the adaptor or the modem. That means that my efforts have been fruitless to find the cause of my problem. It started working fine again in late october through the middle of November but now it is back to the way it was before.

Ihope this explains the situation better now. 

Date: 2009-03-31 17:44:17
Replace all the cables.  If that doesn't work, replace your DSL modem.  If that doesn't work, replace your network card.  If that doesn't work, get cable Internet.  I should warn you, cable Internet throttles like a bitch.  I have AT&T DSL.  It's 6Mibps, and it's a helluva lot faster than my old Comcast cable Internet, which claimed to be "12Mibps" but was clocked by 4 network-testing websites at 512Kibps.

Date: 2009-04-01 17:30:40
I would but I have a very bitchy aunt who lives with me that doesn't want the router touched… *Sigh* oh well…

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-04-01 23:06:07
You guys this really isn't the place for it, that's
what we have PM for, k?

Anyways welcome back to GCL, I am also curious
as to what your previous account was, if you don't
want to say it here, I would like a PM.

Date: 2009-04-06 19:08:41
I know that everyone wants to know my former username, but I used to be a real smartass, so I'm going to keep quiet. Also, if anyone connects the dots (it's bound to happen) please keep that information to yourself.
And by the way, how does moaning about a slow internet connection pertain to an introduction? <— rhetorical question

Date: 2009-04-06 21:18:08
It's called "Shit happens".  Yarly.

Also, swearing is permitted here.

Date: 2009-04-07 17:44:05

I know that everyone wants to know my former username, but I used to be a real smartass, so I'm going to keep quiet. Also, if anyone connects the dots (it's bound to happen) please keep that information to yourself.
And by the way, how does moaning about a slow internet connection pertain to an introduction? <— rhetorical question

It pretains to your mentioning of the IRC channel. Also I thought why waste space starting a new thread on this subject when I can get it answered here. XD