Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Hi, I'm new, Some Glitch Info - Page 1

Hi, I'm new, Some Glitch Info

Posted by: Cool Cole
Date: 2009-06-25 03:24:49
Hey, my name is Cool Cole. I'm new to these forums.  Wouldn't have started an account, except I found that the "Celebi Glitch Trick" in R/S is actually just a reflection of your character's hair, which, by some programming fail, happens when you hop off your "surfing" pokemon on a spot of grass between the water and a cliffside.  This also happens in Emerald fora split second as you start to surf to the right of that spot on Route 123, you see the corner of your characters hair reflected off the rock.  In R/S it is a lot easier though.  The way the alleged "Celebi" seems to be moving is that reflections fluctuate on water.  Also, if you do a "standing wheelie" while on that particular patch of grass, the "Celebi" changes into your character's ears.  Not sure if this works if your character is female, as mine is male.  I'm sure that the programming still thinks that the cliff is a "water tile" because your hair is still over the water, and that is what is reflected on the cliff.  If you walk from the space directly left of the grass that creates the reflection to the spot, the reflection does not appear because you did not just come from a water tile.  So, sorry people no Celebi.  Too bad too, I want a celebi.  :'( 

Re: Hi, I'm new, Some Glitch Info

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-06-25 05:57:52
Hi, and welcome to the forums. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the RSE Celebi Glitch, though… Are you referring to this Celebi Glitch, or something else?

Posted by: Cool Cole
Date: 2009-06-25 15:25:27
Hmm, actually that link there leads to the same one I read, but it explains it better, I was talking about the one under miscellany "The 'Celebi Glitch' (R/B).  Now I understand that better and then I guess I have a minor glitch to add to this site, just a graphics glitch.  I don't have visual boy advance though or any way of getting a picture of my game-boy screen onto the internet.  But a reflection of your character appears on the rock when you jump from the water onto the grass between the rock on route 123.  But it only works on the piece of grass 2 spaces from the mass of rock to the left.  (I think its that space, I don't have my Ruby or Sapphire game here, but there's only like 4 spots to try.)  And on Emerald, if you surf to the right from the space that is added above it, you see the reflection very briefly.  The reflection is of your character's hair when just standing, and your character's ears when doing a standing wheelie with the "acro bike."  The reflection goes away if you move off the square and walk back on it, or if you do a "bunny hop" on the "acro bike."  But it always come back if you surf back to that spot.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-25 15:52:48
Hello and welcome to GCL! Enjoy your complementary breakfast!
*shot*

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-07-01 15:20:15
This sounds like an interesting glitch. Even without a VBA, you can get reasonable quality pictures just by putting a magnifying glass in front of the camera lens (unless you don't have a camera, of course.) R/S has been known to reflect in strange places (for instance, on the south cliff by the Winstrate pond, while on the small island area). So yeah, welcome to GCL.