Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Hello GCLF - Page 1

Hello GCLF

Posted by: Kain
Date: 2015-02-13 19:27:39
Hi everyone. just realized there are an introduction forum here.

First of all I'm not a native English speaker, so sorry for my mistakes. I don't feel the need to share much of myself, but I'll just say that I'm not another kid (have an age of 30) and i still love Pokemon games.

I've been a lurker of this forums/site for quite some time. About a few years ago i started playing again gen I and II of Pokemon games and I'm interested in glitches and bugs in general, but i have a preference for those that make the impossible like the mew glitch or the egg glitch which make Pokemon unnavigable available for today players.

Re: Hello GCLF

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2015-02-13 19:58:48
Howdy, Kain! Welcome to GCLF.

[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120510221731/unanything/images/8/80/Don't_forget_you're_here_forever.jpg[/img]

I'm not another kid (have an age of 30) and i still love Pokemon games.

I think this makes you the oldest Pokémon fan on the site. Maybe the oldest Pokémon fan in general!

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2015-02-14 09:39:46
Greetings, fellow old person, and may your experience in this forums be a good one.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2015-02-14 09:43:45
Welcome, Kain! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Posted by: Kain
Date: 2015-02-14 09:51:50
Mr. Burns always makes a nice welcome :D

I think this makes you the oldest Pokémon fan on the site. Maybe the oldest Pokémon fan in general!

Well… i have seen some competitive play the other day, and I'm absolutely positive there are players that are above of his 40s. ::) So, I'm not ashamed, well maybe sometimes… :-[

XD

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2015-02-14 19:28:58
Glad to see you here, Kain. Enjoy your time here.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-02-14 20:05:18
Hi Kain. Welcome to the forums.

I think that age is just a number in essence personally. I feel good to see an older fan though :D. I think I am young (I am 22, just..) but when you look at it in the way that the franchise is often associated with younger people I may be old.

My philosophy is that the only "childish" things are things that do no good to your well-being or others'.

Some people will get bored of the franchise, but other people may never get tired of it. I am a little bored of the new games with the repetitive badge quest, catch 'em all thing (I played since Gold/Silver), yet I am not tired of the glitches, there are so many more things for me to research.

Some people don't limit themselves to the games or find special things to do, like competitive battling (as you say), wiki-editing, glitches, speedrunning, etc. And I think people are free to introduce themselves to the franchise no matter what age.