Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

A stalker that really needs to stop stalking. - Page 1

A stalker that really needs to stop stalking.

Posted by: TwilightHakuryuu
Date: 2015-09-25 00:11:17
As the title of this post states; I REALLY need to stop stalking this place and start speaking up…

Unfortunately -and much to my disdain- my phone REALLY doesn't like it when I attempt to write posts on this forum and then switch to another tab to look for my reference links. When I tab back in, the forum says "Oopsies~ I had an error and had to reload!" and *poof*, there goes my three paragraph response to a question about a glitch that I actually had a pretty damn good explanation for. (I.E. G-Meister asked about invalid Pokemon in Pokemon Yellow setting flags in the Pokedex for valid Pokemon. I thought "don't Hybrids do that?" And while I was looking into it to be sure I was correct, the forum reloaded on me, and gave me a background of smiley emoticons for three days. Needless to say the blinding, happy yellow background was not pleasing to my eyes~)

Anyways~ Hello, hello! I am TwilightHakuryuu, or TwilightDragonair if you prefer. You are welcome to also call me by a host of other names or nicknames. I will answer to pretty much anything that is directed specifically at me.

I have been stalking this forum and its predecessors for years, however I have only recently decided to finally make an account with GCL in an attempt to truly join in the discussion. I made this account during this past Summer shortly after getting in contact with Torchickens via skype to both greet a fellow glitcher for the first time in a long time as well as inquire about a small variety of glitches and some strange side effects affecting others.

I am a proud owner of THREE handheld Nintendo systems that are compatible with Gameboy and Gameboy Color games; a GBC, and GBA, and a GBA-SP. I also possess most of the English core series Gen I and Gen II Pokemon Games with a few that have still-alive internal batteries- two copies of Red, one Blue, and Silver. Besides those, I also have dead Pokemon Gold and Crystal, as well as a horribly-translated English hack of Pokemon Green. I am fairly certain the language and characters (refering to the alphabets) are the only features that were changed in this particular hack, but I have yet to test it for japanese-exclusive glitches that do not rely on saving the game.
(I also own a DSLite, DSi, DSiXL, and a 3DS with all associated core series Pokemon Games excluding Black 2.) So, I look forward to trying out new glitches and playing with potential new subglitches related to the older glitches on the physical cartridges and devices!

My past major attempts at aiding in glitch discovery had little payoff. I hope that by participating here I will be able to be of more use!

Also, I would like to add that I enjoy glitching other games, with my primary interest outside of Pokemon being my good old Spyro:YotD game on my PS2. (Unfortunately my memory card recently died so I will have to start that over.) And I have also been trying to figure out how I caused a glitch I experienced in Sonic3K for PC.

If there is anything in particular any of you would like to ask me, have at it! Personal questions don't bother me, I just left that stuff out because I think I am terribly boring.~ Please blame my excessive rambling paragraphs on insomnia.

On a side note…
@Torchickens: With college starting back up and having two lab courses and a bizarre combination of schedules between myself and my mate, I have not had an opportunity to investigate the sound effect discrepencies between my cartridge and the ROMs when triggering Cooltrainer in the overworld. I will certainly try to figure it out as soon as I have a real opportunity.

Re: A stalker that really needs to stop stalking.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2015-09-25 05:07:44
Welcome to GCLF, TwilightHakuryuu! :)

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2015-09-25 12:59:34
Welcome :D

[img]http://orig08.deviantart.net/05ab/f/2013/089/9/b/hereforever_by_fartprincess-d5ztsoc.jpg[/img]

Posted by: TwilightHakuryuu
Date: 2015-09-27 00:43:00
Thank you both~ ^^

@Carl Miller, I found that picture amusing. :3

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2015-09-27 10:54:44
[img]http://i.imgur.com/GiGcAxm.jpg[/img]

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2015-10-05 14:47:24
Welcome to GCLF! :D