Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Hi everyone! - Page 1

Hi everyone!

Posted by: ShySkream
Date: 2016-06-22 17:05:10
I was doing a bit of studying up on assembly code in my free time (totally not a nerd, I swear!) and I remembered how some glitches in Pokemon used hex codes to get certain results.  I decided to do a bit of searching and found this place, which to my surprise was very much alive!  I've done a few glitches in the past on my Pokemon Yellow cartridge, and since then I've learned how to understand processor instructions and like to think about how it all works.  I also like to go on occasional wiki editing sprees, but I usually get tired out and don't edit for a while other than minor things.  I will probably be active on the forum, though I haven't been part of one in quite a while.  I spend a lot of time playing Team Fortress 2 and occasionally doing redstone in Minecraft.

Any suggestions on relevant pages I should check out?  I'm more interested in understanding the functions in memory and abusing those, but manipulation and hacks are fine too.

Re: Hi everyone!

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-06-23 03:12:55
As mentioned in the "It's too damn hot" topic, you should learn the inner workings of the GB and check out Pokéred / Pokécrystal.

If you want to check out glitches, see
http://glitchcity.info/wiki/Category:Major_glitches
http://glitchcity.info/wiki/Category:Generational_Glitches

You may like ACE a bit ^^

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2016-06-24 14:54:40
You need to replace those spaces with underscores in order for the whole URL to be turned into a link.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-06-24 15:47:35
Done fixing, thanks !