Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Hey. - Page 1

Hey.

Posted by: Dandaman955
Date: 2016-07-15 17:20:00
Could've sworn I had joined here years ago.

Anyway, hello. My name's Dan, and I'm more of a Mega Drive hacker/homebrewer than a Pokemon hacker (at least for the earlier generations, anyway.). Chances are, there might be some of you that recognise me from YouTube or maybe even the Sonic scene, if any of you go there. I've been a Pokemon fan for ages now (I have been floating around various sites years ago, like PokeCommunity, HallofOrigin and Skeetendo (I think it's called?)), and I've been meaning to get into Game Boy programming, an opportunity to get back into the Pokemon scene now that I've heard there's some disassemblies released for Pokemon R/B. This is probably one of the more technical forums, and who doesn't love glitches?

Re: Hey.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-07-15 19:08:33
Hey !

You want technical ? Here, you got four people who love technicals :
-> TheZZAZZGlitch (*cough cough*pannenkoek2012*cough cough*)
-> Crystal_ (and his long, technically-detailed YouTube videos)
-> Hacky (he find lovely stuff, and explains it in elegant manners)
-> Torchickens (to a lesser extent, but still.)

Oh, and, if you're willing to get into GB programming, I'm writing a wiki article on just that. As of now, it is a WIP, but that covers some basics.

Posted by: TheUnReturned
Date: 2016-07-15 22:51:44

Hey !

Oh, and, if you're willing to get into GB programming, I'm writing a wiki article on just that. As of now, it is a WIP, but that covers some basics.
you forgot yourself :P

Date: 2016-07-16 06:08:33
Thanks, but I'm not active enough here to be the same level as theirs. At least I think so.

Posted by: joonas2345
Date: 2016-07-16 09:26:25

That wiki page is really cool. Keep up the good work!

Posted by: Dandaman955
Date: 2016-07-16 12:53:54

Hey !

Wait, TheZZAZZGlitch and pannenkoek2012 are the same person?

Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Had a quick skim through that wiki article and the language itself seems quite similar to Z80 assembly, so hopefully it should ring a bit familiar when I read through it.

Date: 2016-07-16 13:41:29

Hey !

Wait, TheZZAZZGlitch and pannenkoek2012 are the same person?

Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Had a quick skim through that wiki article and the language itself seems quite similar to Z80 assembly, so hopefully it should ring a bit familiar when I read through it.

No, they are different persons xD (afaik) I was just referring to the "Pokémon Red in 69 A presses video by TZG :D

The GB's language is dubbed the GBZ80, I guess you'll see why :P
This tutorial heavily relies on the tutorial I learned Z80 with (on TI-8x+ calcs), but I haven't written the gb-specific parts yet.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-07-16 14:24:24
Yeah, I love technical details :); but when it comes to reversing I'm not very good at it.