Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Ahoy hoy Neighborinos! - Page 1

Ahoy hoy Neighborinos!

Posted by: Feltyham
Date: 2018-02-02 11:08:05
My name is Feltyham (long time nickname, derived from my last name Feltham)

I'm a Canadian computer engineer, I work in software verification and validation. I've been on this site for over a year, however I never made an account until now.

I'm a noob when it comes to the more advanced glitches, prior to finding this site I really only knew of the trainer escape glitch and the OLD MAN glitch. Since then, I've only really experimented with the CoolTrainer double corruption glitch; even then I was just trying random two character nicknames to see what came out the other side.

But having a background in programming and embedded systems, I find the research here to be quite interesting. I find myself watching glitch videos versus producing the results myself, or just reading the posts about what other people are investigating/discovering.

This site is an awesome resource and I hope it continues to live on.

Cheers!

Re: Ahoy hoy Neighborinos!

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-02-02 11:11:24
Ooh, a fellow IT semi-lurker. Welcome to the Labs! There's a Discord link at the top of the Forum board list, and there's a beginner's guide by yours truly… somewhere… in General Discussion.

Enjoy your stay!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-02-02 12:59:33
Welcome to the forums Feltyham. :)

Glad you enjoy the site and that it's helped in researching some of the glitches yourself.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-02-02 16:34:59
I'm so glad you chose something Simpsonsy for your thread title, my fellow Canuck.

[img height=300]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120510221731/unanything/images/8/80/Don't_forget_you're_here_forever.jpg[/img]

Welcome to GCLF!

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-02-02 17:01:56
Hi, and welcome to the forums! If you're interested in programming, I recommend checking out the Abritrary Code Execution threads to start.

Also, as Parzival mentioned, there is a Discord linked at the beginning of the board index, in case you're interested.

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2018-02-02 17:30:14
Welcome, Enjoy your stay dude. :D

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2018-02-02 20:14:17
hi owo

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-02-03 01:44:05
! o/ Sup' ! Enjoy your time, and make sure to fondly remember all 00 39 crashes you will encounter :D

Posted by: Feltyham
Date: 2018-02-03 08:11:00
Really appreciate the warm welcome everyone!

[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/degrassi/images/e/ee/Ned-Flanders-ned-flanders-33045609-500-336.png/revision/latest?cb=20140824011622[/img]