Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Ain't Dead Yet - Page 1

Ain't Dead Yet

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2019-01-16 07:23:49
Yikes, it's been a very good number of years, since I last stepped foot here. Yes, I did fall off the earth, due to computer problems, personal problems, family emergencies, and so forth. Not sure if I plan to stick about, thought I'd drop a hey in case anyone remembers this old lunatic, with a temper. XD

I don't do sprite work anymore, I packed that up when my original XP PC decided to die on me, followed by my laptops doing the same. I still hate Microsoft, plus I'm still learning how to draw. Not going well, because I have no patiance, which I never have done so. Nice to see this place is still going, considering I haven't been in here years. Might start spriting again, depending if I can be bothered to, I've lost A LOT of data since I last fell off the earth, so to speak, so yeah. I ain't dead yet, still trying to hammer any computer I own that gives me problems, and so on.

I'm a small YouTuber, I just post stupid stuff for lols, mostly, or just to make someone smile or laugh. Still a gamer of 26 years, I'm 31 in a few months time, and I'm now currently retired from the Pokemon Generation after the release of Ultra Moon and Sun, but I still do play the older generations, all though one of my Red cartridges is in hiding, after I finally found out my Pokemon Red was the cause for all the hassle I've had over the years. Like, when I was doing some training, after my Red wiped out my Stadium data, that it decided to pull the same stun it did, when I lost my Myutsuu, of 9+ years, where it destroyed the save file once again, so now I'm down to one Pokemon Red cartridge which was my late brother's, I still have his Blue and Yellow, my G/S/C are long gone, I can't be bothered to look for my FireRed/LeafGreen, or my Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald either, I prefer the newer ones, which I fine awesome!

I don't play as much, mostly because I play other games, or I just can't be bothered. Take a guess who I am, some may know me, some may not. We shall see. But yeah, I'm back and alive, and still crazy but much worse.

Re: Ain't Dead Yet

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-01-16 07:53:32
HOLY SHITO ANOTHER OLDBIE RESURFACES!!

Hi! I'm Isso, recent member (since around 2k14, 15?), so I can't say I "remember" you, although I have seen some of your posts while backlogging some threads.
It's nice to see some oldbies are still alive and kicking - we've got Prisma, Extreme Forkton Supreme, Jchu and Jolteon to come back more or less recently, and also Photon, in a way.

The forums are mostly inactive, most of the activity (erm) is happening on the Discord server.

Date: 2019-01-16 07:57:10
I'm one of the "oldies" of back in the day, still a crazy bastard that hasn't changed, at all. Yeah, I saw Jolteon has returned, he found me on my forum, quite a shock, really.

I was about back in '06, which was a long time ago, so some may remember me, some may not. I used to be Wild MissingNo. appeared, and other names from the olden days, which some I refuse to go back to, so yeah that's my story there. I really can't be bothered with Discord, I just find it as crap as Skype is.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-01-16 11:43:27
Welcome back, Lauryn! This place is still very much the same since turning into a wiki, albeit a lot less active (and with a few thousand more articles), but I hope that doesn't deter you from maybe participating more again. :) What's your channel name on YouTube?

Date: 2019-01-16 13:04:55
If folks don't remember me, I was Mutou Yami, until I turned into an Arisen, from my time from Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, and that game kicks so much ass, I need to get it re-modded once I get a proper gamer rig. At the moment, it's Tagawa Tsukasa, but I'll be changing it to my Steam name, when the dopey 30-day limit is gone.

Makes me wonder if that awful sprite, is what I made back in the day, I don't do sprites anymore because I lost all my crap, which i'm still not happy about. Might get back into it, who knows.

This is my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclGVQe4pBsUJ92ahsI0ImA?view_as=subscriber

Date: 2019-01-16 14:10:19
A-a-a-awful?! D:

Well, if you have any ideas on how to make it even more beautiful, I wouldn't mind seeing them if you pick up spriting again.

Date: 2019-01-16 14:14:57
Hahaha, I said it was awful because I was so bad at sprite work, and in truth, I still am. :XD:

Ah, some do sort of remember me, nice, nice. I have no idea if I still can, I haven't done any for years, and I'm ancient now.

Date: 2019-01-16 14:26:24
I feel like anyone who learns an artistic technique instantly starts thinking they're bad at it because they know exactly what concepts they're applying and how they could theoretically be applied to greater effect, but in the end I think it's healthier to just listen when your crowd likes what you're doing, and more importantly not be afraid to like what you like. If you don't in this case, though, at least I do.

Date: 2019-01-16 14:36:09
It's as I said that, after I lost every one of my files, including my sprite work, some I was working on, as in like new styles to new ways to make sprites, but they were all lost from my PC, and in truth, the years flew over my head and I forgot about them. I'm an artist in progress, where I'm still learning how to draw, like my own work, but that's going as well as my Operating System. >_>

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-01-16 15:59:50
Tried data recovery with something like TestDisk?

Date: 2019-01-16 16:00:58
Tried all sorts, nothing worked. All my stuff were on my old ASUS laptop, which pretty much gave up the ghost, after it would no longer load into Windows or even System Recovery.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-01-16 17:09:33
Oh hey, welcome back.

First Jolteon, then Yami. Who's next? Lawnmover? Bobaloo?

Date: 2019-01-16 17:23:03

Oh hey, welcome back.

The image I was expecting you to post has proven true for a surprising amount of us.

Date: 2019-01-16 17:40:55
Bobaloo? Weird, how that rings a bell. Thanks Bert, long time no see. :D

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-01-16 17:47:22

Oh hey, welcome back.

The image I was expecting you to post has proven true for a surprising amount of us.

It really has. Is there a way to embed it at the top of the subboard, like above the threads or something?

Bobaloo? Weird, how that rings a bell. Thanks Bert, long time no see. :D

[img height=300]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120510221731/unanything/images/8/80/Don't_forget_you're_here_forever.jpg[/img]

You'd been gone a couple years before I joined but I liked your sprite work.