Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

Dragonball Kai: a "new" Dragonball cartoon - Page 1

Dragonball Kai: a "new" Dragonball cartoon

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-04-10 22:39:02
Dragonball Kai, a "new" Dragonball series, is now airing in Japan.

I say "new" because it's not really new; it's just a refreshed version of DBZ. However, it has a new opening and ending, new music (which some have gotten pissy about - Dragonball fans are serious about their cartoon music), and most of the original voice actors have come together to revoice their characters. It's also more condensed and follows the manga more closely than the original anime did.

This has been discussed on the Daizenshuu EX forum (which I lurk daily but never post on) extensively, so I figured I'd bring it here and see what everyone here has to say (well, everyone who still likes Dragonball, of course)

Re: Dragonball Kai: a "new" Dragonball cartoon

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-04-11 14:42:15
Oh I learned about this from Tweaker. I'm sure if he sees this thread then He'll post here. Anyways, I'm not really sure what to think of this series other than: "Bye bye worthless Garlic Jr. Saga!"