Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

The next Pokémon movie - Page 1

The next Pokémon movie

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-09-14 23:35:44
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arceus_and_the_Jewel_of_Life Who thinks it rocks, and who thinks it sucks? I think it will be completely epic, they needed to have a final showdown between legendaries. Even though they kind of did that with Pokémon 2000, which is making it repetitive, it will probably be more colossal anyways. And why were Dialga and Palkia fighting before? It will all be revealed in this!

Re: The next Pokémon movie

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-09-15 00:00:12
Meh. Ever since they switched voice actors I've hated the Pokémon anime. I watched Giratina and the Sky Warrior because I was bored, and while the Reverse World is cool the entire plot was just like Pokémon 2000 (airship guy wants power, airship guy attempts to catch legendary(ies) with metal cage, airship guy is thwarted by Ash & co.) so I'm not terribly excited by this. Also, Dialga and Palkia look pretty damn stupid flying about, as opposed to Origin Forme Giratina which actually looks like it should be in the air. I just think that they're milking the money cow that is the Pokémon anime for yet another time. But if you want to see it, go right ahead. I suppose that I'm just not the target audience.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-09-15 06:12:47
You know, one of these days, I'm going to see a topic worshipping Arceus as God, or saying Arceus is the best Pokémon ever, and I'm going to go on a long rant on what I think about Arceus. I guarantee that rant will not be G-rated, or PG, or however the hell they rate Pokémon movies nowadays.

You should know where I stand on this issue by reading the above.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-15 17:36:00
Looks pretty cool, I just hope that they don't make it TOO kid-friendly.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-09-16 20:27:29
I hope it has ACTUAL action, or I won't watch it. Not like I watch these things anyway….

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-10-16 15:39:07

Looks pretty cool, I just hope that they don't make it TOO kid-friendly.

I agree.

It looks like somewhat of a good film, but personally, I am disappointed in the "God of Pokemon".
Ash goes through so much for a… What? 14-year old?

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-10-24 19:42:49
Ash is 15 during his travels through Sinnoh. And yeah, it sure is a lot of pressure on him for the 5 years (anime time) that he has been on his journey. He has had to save the world from destruction numerous times in the movies! Brocco, what do you mean by "true action"? In this movie, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, AND Arceus are fighting the ultimate battle (which likely threatens the world I assume). What action do you mean? And Nintendo does come pretty close (if not already), upsetting parents and their misunderstanding towards the "Pokemon God" thing. I am keeping quiet about it mostly whenever I happen to be talking to a parent about Pokemon and if one should ask, please be reminded that it is an alternate universe so it doesn't mean its bad!

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-13 02:21:05

Ash is 15 during his travels through Sinnoh. And yeah, it sure is a lot of pressure on him for the 5 years (anime time) that he has been on his journey. He has had to save the world from destruction numerous times in the movies! Brocco, what do you mean by "true action"? In this movie, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, AND Arceus are fighting the ultimate battle (which likely threatens the world I assume). What action do you mean? And Nintendo does come pretty close (if not already), upsetting parents and their misunderstanding towards the "Pokemon God" thing. I am keeping quiet about it mostly whenever I happen to be talking to a parent about Pokemon and if one should ask, please be reminded that it is an alternate universe so it doesn't mean its bad!

From what I heard, the movies aren't canon. Except Mewtwo Strikes Back, and Mewtwo Returns.