Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

Songs Haunting, Yet Soothing. - Page 1

Songs Haunting, Yet Soothing.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-20 15:06:20
What songs do you guys think you've listened to are haunting but strangely soothing at the same time?

I find "After Closing Time" from Silent Hill 3 Unreleaed Tracks, haunting yet such a very soothing song. Something about that song I find very so soothing and I never get bored listening to it. Think it's in the alternate building world you hear it (forgot which floor level it's on), but it's just so soothing.

I find the siren from the game Forbidden Siren ever so soothing. It says on the box art, "Resist the Call", but I sure hell wouldn't.

The siren that plays in the background of the hospital (as it changes to Alternate Brookhaven), after your fight with Flesh Lips.

Re: Songs Haunting, Yet Soothing.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-20 23:45:56
There is a level in Sonic Heroes where you must get the team through a haunted mansion. The music is obviously haunting, but it always seems to calm me down.

I could think of more songs like this, but right now I can't think- I'm half-asleep. (I'm making a typo every 10 characters  :P)

Date: 2009-12-20 23:54:08
I've played there, and I hated that level drove me mad. I like things creepy, like the mansion music in the first Resident Evil game when you're in the mansion (main hall), I like William's Theme from RE2, Save Room, in RE 2.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-21 12:54:29
"A Warm Place" by Nine Inch Nails. It's not too haunting by itself, but taken with the rest of the album it's that and very calming. As for video games, I've always found the Ruins of Alph music to be both of those things.

Date: 2009-12-21 13:55:19
I find it a bit annoying, after a while, trying to find the Unowns. The music in the police basement is haunting.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-22 08:02:08
Haunting, yet soothing? Definitely this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04jwqpDEOXs

Date: 2009-12-22 12:52:13
The music in Silent Hill, Midwich Elementary school is very haunting, but it's soothing/addicting at the same time. (Midwich is spelt as it's always been spelt in the Silent Hill games, just saying before someone has a habbit of "editing" my post.)