Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

The Disappearence of Haruhi Suzumiya - Page 1

The Disappearence of Haruhi Suzumiya

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2010-01-28 11:28:27
(taken from Wikipedia)

The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya (涼宮の失, Suzumiya Haruhi no Shōshitsu), or The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, is an upcoming animated film based on the fourth light novel of the Haruhi Suzumiya series of the same name. It is in production by Kyoto Animation and will be released in Japanese theaters in February 2010.

The story takes place from December 17 until December 24, a month after the cultural festival. On December 17, everything is normal. The SOS Brigade, led by Haruhi Suzumiya (Aya Hirano), plans to have a nabe party for Christmas. However on December 18, Kyon (Tomokazu Sugita) arrives at school to find everything has changed. Haruhi and Itsuki Koizumi (Daisuke Ono) are missing, Yuki Nagato (Minori Chihara) is an ordinary human, Mikuru Asahina (Yūko Gotō) does not recognize him and Ryoko Asakura, who had previously been deleted by Yuki, is a normal student. Only Kyon is aware that everything is different. The only clue is a bookmark left by the alien version of Yuki, which leads Kyon on a quest to reunite the SOS Brigade and go back in time, where he interacts with the storyline from "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", trying to sort out the mystery and return to his own time line.

As you can tell, information is limited right now, but I look forward to seeing it (on the internet) with subtitles (which will probably be a few weeks after it's available in Japan).

I'm really excited about this. This will be one of the greatest moments in my life.

So who else is excited about the upcoming movie?

For those of you who don't know what Haruhi is, check out this web page.

Re: The Disappearence of Haruhi Suzumiya

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2010-01-28 23:38:06
I read the novel version of Disappearance a while back. Not a bad story, but Im not a huge fan of Haruhi. Never finished watching the second season either, mostly due to Endless Eight.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2010-01-29 15:55:06
I've never owned or read the novels, but being a Haruhi fan, this is most certainly one of the biggest events in my life. [size=1pt]Yeah, I know I seriously need to get out more, but the outside world is scary, and boring.[/size]

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2010-09-05 01:30:41
Wow. I cant believe you said life outside is scary and boring. Seriously, nothing against you, but that is sad.

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-09-05 08:55:13
Whoa there, Jolteon, that last bit was a little screwy.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2011-11-13 00:33:52

I read the novel version of Disappearance a while back. Not a bad story, but Im not a huge fan of Haruhi. Never finished watching the second season either, mostly due to Endless Eight.

Hmm, Haruhi has actually grown on me over the past year. I did eventually finish the second season and the movie, and they were both pretty good.

Posted by: Glitch Hunter
Date: 2012-04-01 20:01:45
AH I love the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, though some bits were boring. What were your favourite parts if you've seen it? Also I'm a Haruhi cosplayer so ^_^