Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

Wreck It Ralph (SPOILERS AHOY!) - Page 1

Wreck It Ralph (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Posted by: CytricAcid
Date: 2012-11-20 06:30:59
Has anyone here seen Wreck It Ralph yet? I really think you guys would enjoy it, not just because of the many video game references, but because of one thing:
Vanellope is a glitch.
I'd NEVER expect a mainstream movie, ESPECIALLY Disney, to reference such a video game subculture/knowledge such as glitches and beta level discovery. Especially since this foum is deticated to GLITCHES, I feel that it's extremely relevant to this forum. Even in the retro style credits they reference the pacman kill screen! It appeals so much to video game nerds that I'm in awe of it.
Even outside of Vanellope being a glitch, the plot is GREAT and the ending really surprised me. I'm sure some people saw it coming, but I didn't and even if I did it was really clever and I think this is the best antagonist disney hsd ever created.

Re: Wreck It Ralph (spoil your spoilers please!)

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2012-11-20 20:16:05
Way to break your own rule, Hondo.

Also [spoiler]I'm pretty sure that spoilers don't work anymore here. :([/spoiler]

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2012-11-20 20:33:42
[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbnvas8WKy1rwpbbxo1_1280.png[/img]

Posted by: CytricAcid
Date: 2012-11-20 22:04:52
I don't think Vanellope being a glitch is too much of a spoiler?? oh well, i'm gonna change the topic title to just SPOILERS AHOY or something because i guess we can't spoiler tag anything XD;
that being said: Turbo is the BEST VILLAIN. he's just adorable and evil and god i wish he got more screen time as himself :C

Re: Wreck It Ralph (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2012-11-21 22:40:59
*Aeris >:<

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2012-11-25 15:54:23
Apparently it won't be showing here until the 26th of next month. :(

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2012-12-30 02:25:37
So this is a bit late as I saw the movie a while back but I loved every moment of it, especially the credits though. <3 As much as I don't like Skrillex's music, his song in the movie isn't too bad. :V Everything is great and there seems to be a rumor going around that we're getting a sequel, and Mario is supposed to make a cameo this time around. ;)