Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Abandonware Software Resources - Page 1

Abandonware Software Resources

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2007-09-19 17:28:18
There are many places to find end-of-support/"Abandoned" software.

Abandonware constitutes as mainly:
* End of support products *
  This means software up to Windows ME is abandoned in it's "End of Life." Windows 2000, XP, etc. are still supported, so they aren't available.

A good resource I vouch for is Abandoned ABW. It's a good site for everything from Windows 98 to old obscure Apple OSes such as Rhapsody DR2, the precursor from the 90s to OS X on Intel, along with old games. They are also starting to hold a collection of VMWare images for things such as Windows 95.

These OSes are provided due to being way past their extended support dates and are no longer supported by their manufacturer.

Re: Abandonware Software Resources

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-19 21:02:43
I was about to post the link to WinWorld, a good resource for Windows abandonware, but then I found out it was closed. 'Tis suck

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-09-19 21:05:23

I was about to post the link to WinWorld, a good resource for Windows abandonware, but then I found out it was closed. 'Tis suck

lol, yeah. It was a good site.

If you need old applications, try http://vetusware.com

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2007-12-08 12:17:24
Abandoned = the new WinWorld (I think anyway.)

I know the guy who provided the downloads for WinWorld and who does for Abandoned. ( I have his MSN. )

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-08 12:21:45
Softpedia has some abandonware in it I think, but there are downloads on the site have viruses.

Date: 2008-07-22 14:22:42
Well, Abandoned's… well, dead.

Now I'm a member of BetaArchive, which has a fairly large collection of abandonware and beta operating systems and products.

Only thing is: You *have* to make 10 contributing posts and be admin-approved to get access to a SSL-encrypted FTP server.
Morons need not apply.

Posted by: The Original Phoenix
Date: 2008-08-12 04:37:50

Now I'm a member of BetaArchive, which has a fairly large collection of abandonware and beta operating systems and products.

Only thing is: You *have* to make 10 contributing posts and be admin-approved to get access to a SSL-encrypted FTP server.
Morons need not apply.

I don't know how you did that. Thus far I've been denied access. That, and the fact that my computer can't boot Windows 2000 from the CD and that Abwayax doesn't know much of anything that can help remedy this problem.

Date: 2008-08-21 15:48:47

Morons need not apply.

I don't know how you did that. Thus far I've been denied access. That, and the fact that my computer can't boot Windows 2000 from the CD and that Abwayax doesn't know much of anything that can help remedy this problem.

1: You need 10 contributing posts on BetaArchive [read the Contributing Posts Guidelines]
2: Smart Boot Manager on a floppy will boot a CD. [See here.]