Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

YouTube: Possibly the smartest response to the most idiotic comment ever. (LONG) - Page 1

YouTube: Possibly the smartest response to the most idiotic comment ever. (LONG)

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2008-08-28 20:58:48
It was February 2008 when Gawaxay saw a video called "BREAKING NEWS.NEW GLITCH POKEMON" in which the host of the "Crogonk (Yes, just like that. Crogonk, not what he probably meant, Croagunk.) Show" claimed that he discovered the Bad Egg in D/P and named it GL-egg, or "Glegg" as pronounced in the video. Gawaxay was then struck by a mix of creativity and sarcasm, and thus: What MissingNO. is Not was born. Iceman1234aa, the creator of "BREAKING NEWS.NEW GLITCH POKEMON" was furious. And that's what started the following story in YouTube comments and personal messages. A few were lost, but most remain intact.

[size=4]The Story of What MissingNO. is Not[/size]

Gawaxay

Re: You think this is freaking funny

Re: You think this is freaking funny
Ha! Actually, I do find your video to be quite amusing. Do you know how stupid you sound? "Gl-egg?" Really, I laughed my head off watching your video. Wherever did you come up with a name like that? And I'll be uploading a version that states your copyright. Oh and by the way, learn to spell. Infrigmant? HA! *pwned*

Sincerely,

Gawaxay
Glitched Laboratories
Video Production

Iceman1234aa

Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny

Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny
Thats the damn point.We need a damn laugh for once.It doesnt mean you have the right to copy parts of my uploaded video files!

Gawaxay

Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny

Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny
Oh, and I was supposed to psychically know that you AREN'T BEING SERIOUS?!?!

Original Message:

> Thats the damn point.We need a damn laugh for once.It doesnt mean you have the right to copy parts o…

Gawaxay remade the video at this point, including a credit to Iceman1234aa and a Creative Commons license, hoping that would spare the world from what he was going through.

Iceman1234aa

Re: Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny

Re: Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny
I bet you dont know that even with a copyright notice.Subiting a video or part of it can lead to termination of your account. Delete those two videos before i tell youtube to delete your account for this!

Gawaxay

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny
Original Message:

> I bet you dont know that even with a copyright notice.Subiting a video or part of it can lead to ter…

Yes, I know it's still copyright infringement. Just leave me alone! This is causing me too much unnecessary stress. Next time, use a Creative Commons license. >_>

http://creativecommons.org/license/ <– Useful stuff there

Iceman1234aa

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny
e-mailed them.
there going to delte you account in 2 days

Then, Gawaxay's stress got really serious. It was not a good time. He thought that maybe this time he was serious. Fearing deletion of his account, he deleted both of the videos.

Gawaxay

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You think this is freaking funny
Original Message:

> e-mailed them.
> there going to delte you account in 2 days

There. I deleted them. Now can you please just stop all of this?!?!?!?!?!?!

Communication ceased for a while, and Gawaxay's stress went away.
Iceman1234aa seemed to have calmed down as well.

Iceman1234aa

do you have a webcam?

do you have a webcam?
yes or no?

Gawaxay was excited. He thought that he would be able to lead Iceman1234aa to the correct path of glitch research, so he replied promptly.

Gawaxay

Re: do you have a webcam?

Re: do you have a webcam?
I might be able to get one.
But no, not at present.

Original Message:

> yes or no?

After this, Gawaxay and Iceman1234aa did not communicate at all for a long time.

One month later
Gawaxay knew that the public needed What MissingNO. is Not. It was necessary sarcasm. So he got to work. He found a TV off air image online and used it to replace the infringing content. He also polished up the old video a bit, changing the music to the main theme of the new and popular game Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This video was uploaded under the name
[size=3]What MissingNO. is Not: The Return![/size]
Surprisingly, Iceman1234aa did not react so quickly this time. But that doesn't mean he didn't react.

[size=6]Six months later - Present[/size]
Gawaxay signed on to YouTube and discovered he had a personal message waiting. The first in a long time. But when he saw who it was from, his feeling of happiness faded immediately. His expression changed to a serious but sarcastic one, natural in the story of What MissingNO. is Not.

Iceman1234aa

The DMCA has been imformed

The DMCA has been imformed
get the fucking video off air or there going to kick your ass

Which brings us to the climax of the story, possibly the smartest response to the most idiotic comment ever.

Gawaxay

Re: The DMCA has been imformed

Re: The DMCA has been imformed
Okay, I'm sorry, what the hell are you talking about? I have a lot of videos. And if you're talking about What MissingNO. is Not again, forget it. I TOOK OUT YOUR FOOTAGE! I am not using a single millisecond of audio, video, or other content from your video. I am not infringing your copyright by linking to your video, if that was copyright infringement, then all the hundreds of THOUSANDS of people that link to other people's videos EVERY DAY would be doing something illegal. Remember, it's not copyright infringement unless it contains something you own. Which it doesn't. Seriously kid, get a freakin' life. That was FIVE MONTHS AGO! Just move on already, damn.

Gawaxay also noticed a comment on the video itself, stating the same thing. And he replied…in the same way.

Iceman1234aa (7 hours ago) Show Hide
0 Poor comment Good comment
Reply | Spam
| Remove | Block User
I am telling the DMCA!

Gawaxay (1 hour ago) Show Hide
Reply | Remove
You know what, here's something to consider. Yeah, you're telling the DMCA. Question is, what are you telling them? I don't use a single second of your content in this video. You have nothing to report. Sorry.

[size=5]The End[/size]

Re: YouTube: Possibly the smartest response to the most idiotic comment ever. (LONG)

Posted by: Pikachu~
Date: 2008-08-28 21:47:42
Haha that was epic. I don't understand what part of it was copyright infringement. The part where you used parts of his video?

Seriously, what is the DMCA going to do? Tell you to stop is about all they can do. Just ask to see the copyright notice, and he'd probably would have shut up a long time ago. He can claim it was intellectual property, but that wouldn't do much.

This guy did seem like a thorough idiot, though. It's a shame that he didn't start whining more.

Re: YouTube: Possibly the smartest response to the most idiotic comment ever. (LONG)

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2008-08-29 16:59:32

Haha that was epic. I don't understand what part of it was copyright infringement. The part where you used parts of his video?

Seriously, what is the DMCA going to do? Tell you to stop is about all they can do. Just ask to see the copyright notice, and he'd probably would have shut up a long time ago. He can claim it was intellectual property, but that wouldn't do much.

This guy did seem like a thorough idiot, though. It's a shame that he didn't start whining more.

Well, you don't have to state a copyright to have one. Anything you make yourself is copyrighted in your name. But here's how the video got to where it is today.

He can still tell the DMCA (which by the way means Digital Millennium Copyright Act) but since I removed the violating content, he has nothing to accuse me of. I will admit, it did at first violate his copyright, but his content has long since been removed from my video. Here, I'll show you:

[youtube]00Q0IAeSxBw[/youtube]
Please ignore everything about "Glitched Laboratories," that's some stupid thing I was pretending to run a long time ago.