Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Windows Seven - minireview - Page 2

Re: Windows Seven - minireview

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2009-02-24 18:38:15

Okay, I stand corrected as to XP's system requirements. However that still won't run anything newer than that.

Yeah, XP will run on low-end computers with the proper tweaks (ie nLite removal and customization), and Vista… well, that's dependant on what you want to strip out as well.

I currently run Windows XP Professional (SP3), right from my Microsoft Volume Licensing account - a clean, legal, untouched copy (yay!) - with nLite. The ISO weighs in at about ~200 MB. Out of the 196 MB of RAM I have, I have ~70-80 MB RAM free, even with processor-intensive apps running. This is also on a Pentium III, 933 MHz.

I tried Vista on this exact machine with HORRIBLE results. Machine graphics constantly caused BSoDs on start, I couldn't get it anywhere without Safe Mode - it just was horrible. But it ran. As a proof of concept.

And Shinji: I'd recommend a few words about keeping your mouth shut, since this very well may be the SECOND thread of mine that may end up being locked because you had to shove your friggin' nonsense into it.

Re: Windows Seven - minireview

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-02-24 20:00:57

He was talking about brands of CDs to burn the ISO to which is LOL since he just told someone not to talk about Nintendo Rivals and Sony's on that list.

Ugh, that's no help to me. Since I got short-term memory loss, I can't remember much on what I learnt. I would love to upgrade my laptop and my parents PC, but I need I think a service pack CD to do so and money is tight in my family so I can't do much. Last time I burned a CD a music CD it suddenly wouldn't re-write a second time.