Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Has google gone crazy? - Page 1

Has google gone crazy?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-01-31 08:41:51
Is it just my hardrive or does every page I open in google warn me "This site may harm your computer"
even Google says it for its own website [attachment=1]

EDIT: This bug is now fixed, Google had a temporary problem with their website.

Re: Has google gone crazy?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-01-31 16:56:19
They accidentally added ?/? to their list of malware sites. / was treated as a wildcard, essentially matching every page on the Internet.\

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-site-may-harm-your-computer-on.html

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-01-31 19:02:36
How strange, that's happened to me today. I was looking for something from Bulbapedia, about a Pokemon, and all over the Google search, I had "This site may harm your computer". I thought either my Wireless Router/Broadband, laptop was screwy.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-02-01 06:07:56
Thank goodness it was just a fault, I was worrying I had some kind of virus myself for a moment.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-02-01 12:09:48
Yeah, I thought a worm/trojan horse virus, had gone in, even with my anti-virus, Windows Defender, and firewall up. So, it was just them with a mild fault? Strange, they've had more than one fault, where I was on my parents PC, when my laptop had no Internet since my Wireless was pretty muched fucked, so I put AVG, on there for the time being since I had problems with Avast! on there, so and all over Google, I had: "This site may harm your computer" through every single search.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-02-01 23:49:25
To err is human.  To really fuck up requires a computer.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-05 20:20:22
Google fucked up and I missed it? Awww! If I would have known that it was happening I would have got a screenshot so we all could make fun of them even more than we are now! XD