Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Not normal - Page 2

Re: Not normal

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-03-20 22:34:43
If Spybot, can't find any malware/spyware, what the hell is that thing gonna do? Nothing. Viruses/worms, cause this sort of trouble, not spyware. Spyware just slows the system down. My PC has had spyware before and System Restore was fine. But now it isn't. I've tried this root thing, in Safe Mode with command whatever it was called and it doesn't work. If this PC dies, it dies. I give up with it. *Sighs* I've done all sorts, and it's just screwed. When I do get enough money I'm getting a new computer. Most of my rare songs, are on my laptop and other stuff. So, I can't do anything with this computer. Without System Restore, I can't go back to before Windows Media Player screwed up and now it's effected System Restore. I hate Windows XP's, they're useless. Also when I downloaded the Service Pack 3, there was no sign of Conficker's other names/forms so it couldn't be the upgrade. I'm not sure if there's away to repair System Restore, since I downloaded that ToolKit, that removes Conficker but it said my PC was clean, and Conficker isn't on my system. It all started when Windows Media Player, wouldn't work, (still doesn't) then I loaded System Restore, and it came up like it does in my screenshot. So, what is there to do?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-03-21 00:14:00
Super antispyware does more than just spyware.
so just scan with it.
I don't care, just scan with it!

Date: 2009-03-21 00:37:00
I'm on my laptop. Scans, take too long when they scan my PC. I don't have the time to let it scan, since my body clock is trying to fit 25 hours into the 24 hour system of life. So, when I need to sleep, I need to shut down my PC, or it'll overheat.

Date: 2009-03-21 01:04:49
Do it in the morning or get a new fan.

Date: 2009-03-21 01:25:30
The fan, is fine. Since I have a tiny room, the heat builds up quite quickly, since my mother has to have the heating on all day, the risk of the system its self over heating, is too high. Since I'm in an ground floor flat, it's too dangerous, to leave it on, without someone to keep an eye on it. Since I have to stay in my room to make sure my computer doesn't crash, (as it has done a lot lately), meaning the Blue Screens of Death, will be returning. I'll have to allow it to scan, with my fan on to keep my bedroom cold to keep the system from getting hot inside. A friend of mine said, that his computer over heated before, so heat builds up very quickly in my bedroom. So, I'll have to find a time where I can allow it to scan with AVG, when I don't need to sleep since I barely get much sleep, as it is. At the moment I need to finish this recolor of a sprite.

Date: 2009-03-21 01:28:52
Also, find time to scan with super anti spyware.
Trust me, it's a good thing to scan with… no matter what you have(it has a humongous detection rate… and even if you have some realy good ones, it's good to scan with it anyway.)

Date: 2009-03-21 01:41:07
This cure thing, I had is useless since I need to buy, it to inorder, to rid of all the errors. It's stupid. I hope I don't need to pay for that thing.

Date: 2009-03-21 01:48:05
Were did you get it from?
Alot of "antiviruses" are malware…

Date: 2009-03-21 01:55:35
From this PC Repair website, to repair System Restore. It was crap. Then I went to another website, to rid of these errors, that could be causing System Restore, to not work, and I have to buy the damned thing just to get rid of the critical errors. That's the trouble these days, you need to buy stuff just to rid of problems. It's just insane.

Date: 2009-03-21 02:12:17

From this PC Repair website, to repair System Restore. It was crap. Then I went to another website, to rid of these errors, that could be causing System Restore, to not work, and I have to buy the damned thing just to get rid of the critical errors. That's the trouble these days, you need to buy stuff just to rid of problems. It's just insane.
All of those are fake repair/antivirus/whatever.
Research about any repair thing befor you use it.

Date: 2009-03-21 02:16:11
I did but it never said anything about buying until I tried to get rid of the errors. *Sighs* I doubt Download.com would have anything to help. They get the same crap  as well.