Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

ipod classic=fail - Page 1

ipod classic=fail

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-03-27 14:57:34
i have no idea if this is the right section but i need help.
so its a thrusday and its raining outside and im listening to my ipod at the bus stop. i stay afterschool for fiddler on the roof and i go into the car and turn on my ipod (classic)
the screen is white and it isnt responding.
Its apparently corrupted and I need help…so yeah. Im trying to restore it but I might just take it to the apple store.  :(
Please help!

Re: ipod classic=fail

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-27 15:39:26
Take a paperclip, straighten it out, and press it into the RESET button on the back of the iPod.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-03-27 19:03:47
Try restoring the firmware.

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2009-04-03 20:57:04

i have no idea if this is the right section but i need help.
so its a thrusday and its raining outside and im listening to my ipod at the bus stop. i stay afterschool for fiddler on the roof and i go into the car and turn on my ipod (classic)
the screen is white and it isnt responding.
Its apparently corrupted and I need help…so yeah. Im trying to restore it but I might just take it to the apple store.  :(
Please help!

Follow the Five R's of iPod Recovery:

EDIT: Goddamnit, now you've got that "Tradition" song stuck in my head XD

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-04-13 21:08:10
TRADITIONNNNNN! ughh anyway, i've tried the 5000 Rs before, didnt work
1.Wheres the reset button? BTW I got the name of the ipod wrong its nit the classic, i got this in 07 idk the name.
2.how does one reset the firmware?

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2009-04-17 09:16:58

TRADITIONNNNNN! ughh anyway, i've tried the 5000 Rs before, didnt work
1.Wheres the reset button? BTW I got the name of the ipod wrong its nit the classic, i got this in 07 idk the name.
2.how does one reset the firmware?

[li]Reset. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.) Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.[/li]
    [li]Restore. Select the "Restore" option in iTunes for your iPod. Please note that a Restore operation will remove all content from your device.[/li]