Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Great News! - Page 1

Great News!

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-05 16:58:07
While my computer is still infected with those nasty Viruses, things have died down some. Virus attacks at the start up still happen but are less severe and don't slow down the computer for very long.

However this is not the good news I wanted to share with everyone. There is some bad news relating to this as well.

The good news is I can finally post videos on Youtube again. The bad news though is that it takes forever because I 'm forced to save the newly made videos as AVI files. This is only temporary however as I am recieving a flash drive containing the Windows Movie Maker setup files. I'm not using Movie maker at the moment by the way. I'm using a thing called Arcsoft Video impressions. It runs faster on my virus infested PC and saves videos faster than Movie Maker. The switch would be permanent but sadly it lacks the feature to make title and credit clips on its own. I need to insert a video file first to do this. However it has quite a few beautiful features so I can say that I probably won't be too disappointed with the results.

Re: Great News!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-05 17:32:02

While my computer is still infected with those nasty Viruses, things have died down some. Virus attacks at the start up still happen but are less severe and don't slow down the computer for very long.

However this is not the good news I wanted to share with everyone. There is some bad news relating to this as well.

The good news is I can finally post videos on Youtube again. The bad news though is that it takes forever because I 'm forced to save the newly made videos as AVI files. This is only temporary however as I am recieving a flash drive containing the Windows Movie Maker setup files. I'm not using Movie maker at the moment by the way. I'm using a thing called Arcsoft Video impressions. It runs faster on my virus infested PC and saves videos faster than Movie Maker. The switch would be permanent but sadly it lacks the feature to make title and credit clips on its own. I need to insert a video file first to do this. However it has quite a few beautiful features so I can say that I probably won't be too disappointed with the results.

Why can't you get rid of the viruses?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-06 11:16:46
Yeah, don't you have an antivirus program that works?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-07 17:31:18
What kind of virus is it?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-11 18:18:21
Okay, I can't because my Wireless internet stops recieving information after a while and it causes problems because downloads stop and are never resumed. However my internet allows me to upload things on the internet.

As for the virus, it is opening my default browser, whenever I double click on something. It opens it eleventy billion times in a row. (my default browser is currently Firefox.) It also loves to use windows explorer to bring up My Documents at random times. Task manager can't be reenabled and Regedit has been disabled as well. I did get regedit to come up once but unfortunately it wouldn't allow me to search for the Disable task manager thingy.

I don't know what kind of virus it is as it does all sorts of shit. I don't think its Conficker because its behavior is different. It may be more than one. (which is most likely.) so far none of the antivirus software I have has been able to delete the source or even locate it. I have no idea where this virus is hiding or what its doing

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-12 10:16:02
Only one thing I can think of. Use another computer to research what might be wrong with yours.