Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Blank ISO - Page 1

Blank ISO

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-06-22 18:48:54
Does anybody know how to mke an ISO file that acts like a blank CD when mounted?

Re: Blank ISO

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-06-22 22:03:36
If you want to reverse burn an ISO, just dump the files into your ISO editor and save/export.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-06-23 09:24:07
I've been trying to save Sega CD games as ISOs for sometime but they come out blank everytime. Try "Free Burn ISO" if you want to get blank ISOs every time. Just google it or google ISO Burners.

Date: 2009-06-23 19:14:20
I want to "burn music to an ISO" with iTunes. I use something called ISOMagic. It creates virtual disk drives on which to mount ISOs. The computer believes entirely that they are real disks in a real drive. Which they are not because I have a netbook. How do I create an ISO that acts like a blank CD. I would try to create an ISO out of an actual blank CD, but I don't have the disk drive for that.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-06-26 22:00:44
A blank CD has no filesystem (and no data period), so you won?t be able to make an ISO from it.

What are you trying to do again? Are you trying to make a music CD? Music CDs don?t use a filesystem either?you can?t just add songs to an ISO and have that play in a CD player.

Date: 2009-06-28 19:00:30
Well, I wanted an easy way to move some songs from a laptop with no disk drive to somewhere that I could burn an actual disc using iTunes. Simply put, I needed to move an iTunes playlist (mp3's and all) to another computer that was missing some of the music in said playlist. I don't really need this thread anymore because I've solved my problem already.