Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Text to Speech voices - Page 1

Text to Speech voices

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-07 10:46:37
How do I add and use other text-to-speech voices? I'm running Windows XP, and my only voice so far is that of Microsoft Sam. Any information would be most appreciated.

Re: Text to Speech voices

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-10-07 16:09:19
Use Speakonia.

Date: 2009-10-08 12:05:14
What voices are there for it?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-10-08 16:53:52
A bunch of random ones come with it, but you can download the Microsoft voices seperately. If you can't find 'em I'll upload them and post a link.

Date: 2009-10-09 02:54:56
I sure hope it's free software. *Googles it*

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-10-09 13:02:00
I think you can download other voices for the text to speech/ narration system through a website somewhere, I do recall ones that installed Microsoft SAM, Microsoft Anna and some fan-made voices but I'm not exactly sure where. You can also download replacements for your assistant on Microsoft Word other than that boring old paperclip.

Date: 2009-10-09 14:24:15
That little bit if information at the bottom was not required as I do not own Word.

EDIT: Come on people! I would AT LEAST Like to have Microsoft Mary! Why? I wanna make an UTAU out of her. And also Sam's voice is boring for reading stuff out.