Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Internet Issue - Page 1

Internet Issue

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-10-30 14:55:30
Posting from my laptop because my desktop just got hit with about 10 different viruses. Al the offending programs are cleared off of it now, but for some reason throughout the entire ordeal I could not connect to the internet and still cannot. My lappy and my sister's lappy connect through our router fine, so I assume it's an issue between my router and my computer. I've got a linksys model WRT54G2 router and cable internet, my desktop is running Windows Vista Home Premium, and so far everything that had gone wrong with the viruses has been fixed except for the internet. Vista occasionally says it can connect but when I try to connect via Opera or IE it fails on me. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Re: Internet Issue

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-30 16:49:01
Question. How did you post that message if you can't connect to the internet?

…or are you using your sister's laptop?

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-30 16:57:24
He wasn't very clear in saying this, but I picked it up. (or maybe I didn't, and I'm making myself look like a dumbass. Correct me if I am  :P)

His house has three computers:
His laptop
His sister's laptop
A desktop computer (a computer that you must use on a desk)

(red computer the one with the problem)

Date: 2009-10-30 16:58:53
Oh yeah.

@me: BAKA!

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-10-30 17:02:06
Well, I had the same problem when my Computer kept getting blue screens of death, where my Internet (to my PC) would not connect where my old laptop and my parent's computer were fine. Either the Internet to your damaged laptop might of reset the connection to your laptop, where it's unable to recognize, or the router's faulty, mine kept doing that to me, I had a Linksys Router, and that was crap as it would fail on me. The router's either faulty or something's still lurking maybe on your laptop repventing the Internet to re-connect.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-10-30 19:13:04
Sorry that I wasn't as clear as I could have been, Angrysmurf's got it right on the situation.
Haven't ended up with any bsods yet but the theory of a faulty connection between the router and desktop might be the ticket. I'll see what I can do with that in mind. Please, anybody else who might have some input, post here and help me out.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-10-30 21:19:38
Do IP addresses (e.g. http://74.125.53.100/) work? If so then its a DNS problem somehow.

If you have a Linux CD you can put it in and see if you can connect with it; if you can connect, the problem is on your PC.

Date: 2009-10-31 05:45:30

Do IP addresses (e.g. http://74.125.53.100/) work? If so then its a DNS problem somehow.

If you have a Linux CD you can put it in and see if you can connect with it; if you can connect, the problem is on your PC.

Yikes, Google has an IP address.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-10-31 06:14:05

Yikes, Google has an IP address.

ITT: Jolteon clearly doesn't know that all networked computers have IP addresses

Posted by: basunov14
Date: 2009-11-14 21:36:09
What is SPAM  :???:

how could i treas them while using internet ?

any tips please ?