Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

VIA Raid Tool Error - Page 1

VIA Raid Tool Error

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-11-08 21:07:06
Ever since yesterday, stupid Raid keeps sending this stupid error on start up:

GetDriveLayOut: CreateFile fail !
The system cannot find the file specified.

I don't know what this means. And I get this

No stand-alone disk No usable disk arry attached, please check if any disk arry is broken.

(I dunno what one even is.)

I've had no problems with it in the past but now I do. The virus that attacked me came from my Temp file yet I found nothing there, so if I remove Raid would it damage my system? Again this is my useless Windows XP: Pro with Service Pack 3. If I had the money, I'd go buy a new PC but they cost too much and I need to keep my stuff so, help before I turn this shower of shit for a PC into scrap metal (it's how annoying my PC has become for the last 6 years ¬¬).  I don't want people giving me stupid answers to "restart windows", when I don't have the disc, and how will that solve this damn problem? Argh! For so long I've wanted to kill this useless computer. So, what can be done without damaing my system. I've tried Google, and I get is total other crap about Raid, not the error I'm getting.

Re: VIA Raid Tool Error

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-11-09 14:01:08
If you removed raid, your hardrive would pretty much be scrap metal.
Though honestly, it would be very hard to get it out of this state right now unless you pirated a copy of XP or got a new computer

Date: 2009-11-09 16:34:43
My PC was XP-built it came with XP. My PC is like 7 years old and has had more problems then my 9 year old 98 Windows system (which died 6 years ago). I undid the restore but no virus has been found. Ever since my PC died again, and when I managed to revive it, Raid was suddenly on my PC and has been sitting there since. I really need a PC for gaming because this fucking thing can't handle Guild Wars at its lowest graphics settings, and Guild Wars 2 is going to be much bigger. I don't even know what a disk array is. PC theses days in England cost an arm and a leg (too expensive), and I don't have the money for one. I got a laptop for gaming but the screen died yet my PC has a much larger hard drive, for music storage, but whenever I play Child's Play 2 on WMP11/Divx Player a stupid message comes up saying Windows has encountered a problem, it's annoying. I've had this PC 7 years and all it's done it drove me mad, and cost me a shit load of money. Now Windows 7 is out over here, the prices will go up even more and my (new-ish,) laptop (had it for about a month or 2) cost like £300 (a lot of money). The graphics card in my tower is the best one there is, but something causes my PC to just die. The game freezes, my screen goes black and nothing loads (not sure if that means system failure or something), but I really have no idea what the hell is with Raid it's driving me nuts. It's useless far as I can tell it doesn't do anything other than come up with a pointless error.

Date: 2009-11-09 17:27:24
I'm pretty sure you hard drive is messed up then OR you have some corrupted files. Can you even get into windows?

Date: 2009-11-09 17:45:22
Uh, if I couldn't, I wouldn't be here now posting would I? My OS on here changes and I am not messing with the system. My PC is XP my laptop is Vista. Long before the problems begun I didn't have Raid on here but now I do.

Date: 2009-11-10 02:38:43

Uh, if I couldn't, I wouldn't be here now posting would I? My OS on here changes and I am not messing with the system. My PC is XP my laptop is Vista. Long before the problems begun I didn't have Raid on here but now I do.
I meant in the system with the RAID problem(And you allways had raid)

Date: 2009-11-10 11:13:09
No it didn't. My laptop hasn't got Raid. I had my PC for 7 years and I never had Raid on there when I first brought it. Raid is in the Program Files on Drive C, which says the same thing. I've tried the Help Menu but nothing helps. I load Raid from its file and I still get the error. Can anyone else help other than Fivex? Is there away to "repair" or "remove" Raid? When I had brought my XP a few years back there was no Raid on there, when my PC died (when the graphics card came out and I had to put it back), it came back on and it was working but Raid was on there. A forum I was reading about another error with Raid and they said that the motherboard created Raid/placed Raid on the system but I'm not sure why mine isn't working. I can exit Raid but nothing happens as in no death screens. My parents PC has Raid and that is just fine, and theirs is just as old as mine but had less problems. I don't know what my version of Raid is, since when I check the properties, it doesn't say, so can anyone one else give me any useful information? If my Hard Drive was damaged, my PC wouldn't boot at all. I can access Raid through boot up, but I can't do anything I can't make it highlight anything to see what's wrong so what can I do?

(Why do I have -1? I haven't done anything wrong other than state a problem I have with my computer again.)

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-10 14:17:30
(Answering -1)
No idea, but bear in mind it might not have been in response to this particular topic.

Date: 2009-11-10 15:39:37
(Why do I get minus when I haven't DONE anything? If I do survive my 4th year here, I'll be gone. Why? I just don't feel as if I'm welcome here anymore.)

I've checked all over my laptop and there is no Raid, Raid is not always on the system. My 98 system never had Raid at all. If Raid was created by the motherboard, then what if the motherboard is having a "problem", but wouldn't that cause death screens?