Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Angrysmurf's Official Linux Topic - Page 1

Angrysmurf's Official Linux Topic

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-15 16:34:26
I've discussed various problems with my attempts at downloading Ubuntu in various topics, so I ask that all further discussion about my issues occurs here.

*Just installed BitTorrent*

Don't mind me, I'm just screaming at my computer because it always fails at installing Ubuntu.
Manually download the ISO from ubuntu.org and place it in the same directory as Wubi
Which must be in it's own directory

How would I do that?

That's my latest question.

Re: Angrysmurf's Official Linux Topic

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-15 17:37:45
Go to ubuntu.org and download the 700MB iso into it's own folder
Then place the wubi exectuable into that same folder.

Date: 2009-12-16 15:32:11
I downloaded the torrent, but it's not a folder. Instead, it converts into CD burning file (it wants me to burn the torrent on to a CD).

:???:

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-12-16 19:44:53

I downloaded the torrent, but it's not a folder. Instead, it converts into CD burning file (it wants me to burn the torrent on to a CD).

Because it's an ISO disk image. You use the image with Wubi.

Date: 2009-12-17 05:46:54

Because it's an ISO disk image. You use the image with Wubi.

Alright, I used Wubi like I normally have, and the download is going a lot faster, so this may be working.