Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Wubi is nice and all - Page 1

Wubi is nice and all

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-21 18:59:12
I like how Wubi is and all but I can't get it to connect to my network at all. I've tried all sorts, and it doesn't work. I need to connect to the internet so I can download some stuff to get access to my files from my laptop, but whenever I make/try and connect to my network it says, I've been disconnected, so I need some help.

Re: Wubi is nice and all

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-12-21 19:35:25

I like how Wubi is and all but I can't get it to connect to my network at all. I've tried all sorts, and it doesn't work. I need to connect to the internet so I can download some stuff to get access to my files from my laptop, but whenever I make/try and connect to my network it says, I've been disconnected, so I need some help.

What connection are you using (i.e. Ethernet, Wifi) and what computer are you using?

Date: 2009-12-21 19:42:16
My sorry excuse for my Windows XP and my router is Belkin Wireless Router, and my broadband is Virgin Media..

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-21 20:17:46
Turns out somebody else is having a similar problem.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-108305-problems-with-wireless-connestion-ubuntu-9

Date: 2009-12-21 20:31:04
Hmm, seems like others have other solutions, but one of them makes no sense, what's so ever.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-21 21:58:25
Actually, Wubi is NOT nice, IMO. I tried installing three times and failed.

Date: 2009-12-21 22:36:02
Mine never failed. I installed mine from the site and mine installed just fine. I really like it, but still need internet connection, to be able to download other software for me to send stuff from my laptop over to Wubi.

Date: 2009-12-22 10:16:49

Mine never failed. I installed mine from the site and mine installed just fine. I really like it, but still need internet connection, to be able to download other software for me to send stuff from my laptop over to Wubi.

Try using Ethernet.

Date: 2009-12-22 12:50:08
I can't change my in internet. Sometimes my PC "fails" to connect to the router, when my laptop can and my parents computer can, so I don't know what goes on with it, but it's no doubt something with the stupid PC that's preventing it to connect to my Windows Network. ¬¬

Date: 2009-12-22 19:57:22

I can't change my in internet. Sometimes my PC "fails" to connect to the router, when my laptop can and my parents computer can, so I don't know what goes on with it, but it's no doubt something with the stupid PC that's preventing it to connect to my Windows Network. ¬¬

Umm… You can't plug in an ethernet cable from your router to your computer?

Date: 2009-12-22 20:03:30
I don't have one.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-12-22 21:56:43
Tell me the make and model of your wireless adapter (not the router). Hopefully I can find you a driver and tell you how to install it in Linux

Date: 2009-12-22 22:13:11
Wireless adapter? All I have is cable broadband, and wireless router.

Date: 2009-12-22 22:16:41

Wireless adapter? All I have is cable broadband, and wireless router.

Is it inside your computer?

Date: 2009-12-22 22:18:21
Yeah it's in the back of my PC and I have no clue of the insides of a computer, so one false move it'll destroy it. I'm only using Lunix, as a temporally system until I get a new computer.