Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Help i'm ready to (~>_>)~ |____| - Page 1

Help i'm ready to (~>_>)~ |____|

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-10-30 14:32:05
Okay, my pokemon blue cart is…well… the same things it's doing HERE. ANYTIME i try to open my pokemon list, or text appears RANDOM NOISES just appear. I'm so fricken pissed off, as i've cleaned this thing for hours. it will SOMETIMES work, but then SOMETIMES not. i open it back up, clean it, THEN it works for a minute. If anybody has a fix, POST IT HERE. It's not the battery, i am questioning if its the connections, and it's driving me insane.

Re: Help i'm ready to (~>_>)~ |____|

Posted by: joonas2345
Date: 2013-10-30 15:06:59
When my game's graphics were messed up, I blowed into the cartridge (I didn't open it) and to the connector (where the game goes) on gameboy itself. See 1st step from this guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Gameboy-Cartridge

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-10-30 16:22:38
Could you take a picture of your cart, with the cover removed? That way we can see the pins. It's either dusty or corroded, I bought a Silver version with it's first pin corroded, the one that allows the game to actually boot up. Needless to say it was pretty much a paperweight. :\

Date: 2013-10-30 17:41:31

Could you take a picture of your cart, with the cover removed? That way we can see the pins. It's either dusty or corroded, I bought a Silver version with it's first pin corroded, the one that allows the game to actually boot up. Needless to say it was pretty much a paperweight. :\

Sadly i cannot, i haven't a digital camera, and there are absolutely no drivers for my flip phone, the samsung gusto 2.
I think they're is a corroded pin on here. *sigh* WAIT, all i need is some copper strips! O_O I CAN FIX THIS! but..wait..not anytime soon… SHIT!!!! Well Raven, it seems your paperweight can still be functional! AS WILL MINE!!!! Just need to get a wee bit of money, perhaps a christmas project?

When my game's graphics were messed up, I blowed into the cartridge (I didn't open it) and to the connector (where the game goes) on gameboy itself. See 1st step from this guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Gameboy-Cartridge

I did that at first, but it started again so I opened it up and did a THOROUGH cleaning.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-10-30 19:23:23
I don't have my Silver Version as I went back to the store and they let me pick out some game(s) that were the same price. :P But now you've at least figured out the problem, I just hope you can fix it. It might be cheaper just to replace the game. :\

Date: 2013-10-31 01:08:49

I don't have my Silver Version as I went back to the store and they let me pick out some game(s) that were the same price. :P But now you've at least figured out the problem, I just hope you can fix it. It might be cheaper just to replace the game. :\

http://www.all-spec.com/products/440-135.html?gclid=CNyL3KG0wLoCFeHm7Aod03gAWQ
That should be more than enough copper for 34 pins that are less than a cm each. I already have solder, but the precision is the kicker. But hey, I mean I soldered pins from chips smaller than that into a microcontroller, so i can do it again.

I probably need to get a desoldering tool though, if i mess up (which is easy to happen) it would be nice to fix it ASAP. Im guesstimating this is a 40-60 minute project once i have all the materials/tools. I mean, it's not like I fried a component, or *shudders* mold growing on anything.

EDIT: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1128?gclid=CPWWxdG1wLoCFenm7AodjxUA8Q
never freaking mind. This is the best invention since duct tape. i'm guesstimating a 5 minute project.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2013-11-24 02:58:37
fun fact: my old red does the same thing.

hit that button code for deleting saves on the title screen (up+select?)

you should wait a while, then see "TRAINER9" or something.

nice to know this isn't an isolated incident :)

But yeah, i just got a new red cart.