Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Corruptrd DS game multiplayer? - Page 1

Corruptrd DS game multiplayer?

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-07-21 13:59:40
I recently received a youtube PM asking about corrupted DS game multiplayer.  I was asked to investigate what might happen; but at this time I am unable to do so as I am on vacation.  I'd appreciate some information on this.  The full PM is below:

Hey! :D
I had an idea lately, wondering what happens when you use a corrupted DS game for multiplayer gaming. Since you do corruptions etc, I wanted to ask you if you could research a little bit and make a video about it. It is just a tip/an idea if you don't know what to do for your next video or so.
Greetings,
Erdertainment

Re: Corruptrd DS game multiplayer?

Posted by: Ryccardo
Date: 2014-07-21 15:58:54
If you mean download play, probably nothing unless the target DS has custom firmware as multiboot has signature checks…

In-game it depends on the implementation, with some games like Mario Kart that both calculate and receive the friend's position it's likely to "lag" with the other person warping (assuming you manage to link a clean game and one modified in vehicle performances)