Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Glitch City Laboratories RPG Proposal - Page 1

Glitch City Laboratories RPG Proposal

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-03-20 01:09:33
Basically, this is a new idea I came up with somehow. Someone proposed that we put Glitchbattle up in the arcade. That could work, however I suggested that it be expanded a bit.

Glitchbattle would provide the means through which users battle each other. Users would have Pokemon that they would "level up" on the forum. The same ? money that is earned through posting can be used here, and there would be items in the shop such as potions and rare candies.

The questions I have are plenty. Should this be done on a separate forum, as many people might not want to actually have the RPG stuff in their profiles or have anything to do with the RPG? Should support for all 4 generations be coded in as well as glitches? Stuff like that.

Re: Glitch City Laboratories RPG Proposal

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-03-20 16:11:23
Ooohh… Nice idea… I like it.

A site-wide rpg sounds good, and to hell with those who stand in our way!!!

Full speed ahead, and damn the fools!

>_> Well, not THAT drastic, but… You get the idea.

It sounds awesome…

BUT… I have another idea.

1: MAKE IT OPTIONAL! Turn on / off button of some kind.

2: Encounter wild pokemon in forum topics, and have a pop-up appear that says "A wild [pokemon] appeared! To battle, click here! Exit out to cancel!"

^_^ From, Hydrall. ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-03-21 18:34:48
Pop ups?…..
Some people may not agree with that idea. We would need to make it an option that you need to select first.

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-03-22 22:12:22
Oooh… Good point.

:| Maybe… Have it appear on the page your on?

But obviously, so you can notice it…

WILD L. 15 Rattatta HAS APPEARED!

Do you want to BATTLE it?

>_<