Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Which area needs to be worked on the most? - Page 2

Re: Which area needs to be worked on the most?

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-01-19 15:11:17
Glitchdex definitely. Miscellaneous details and evolution data are important and interesting, so we need that information.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-01-19 21:04:16
Actually, I believe evolution data is there. The catch is that most glitches don't evolve at all. Miscellaneous stuff is miscellaneous - by definition, trivial - and I'm not even sure why there's a section for that in the template.

Looking over what we already have, for Gen 1, I think what needs to be done is just some "machine" moves (I can't say TM moves anymore because of the "glitch moves" named TMxx) for the Pokemon under family 151 in both series and the Yellow ones over 151. This means I'd have to go through each glitch "family" and test every TM/HM on them, something I've already done in Red. The matter of the first 151 "families" is quite complex - there are TM/HM lists online (Bulbapedia is one example) but it would be a bitch to manually convert these into the format used by the dex.

And then, after that, we have Generation 2… shouldn't be too hard to find base stats for those guys.

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-01-21 15:30:33
It would be very nice if it said "does not evolve" when applicable.

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-21 17:44:47
I vote the project malcheor! Did I type that right? Sorry if I didn't. Every time I click on one of the glitches It does not show up! It just says Sorry the page can not be displayed.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-21 18:42:02
No, that's just the document missing. Most of that info is on the site itself just Melchior has it in raw document form.

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-21 18:43:29
Well, I still would like it fixed! Oh and also the search engine on main site! I can't get nothing on it.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-01-26 17:28:24
Hmm…I just realized stat sprites are no longer on the glitchdex. I'm trying to fix this, but I haven't a DAMN idea how, thanks to TOG's faulty filemanager. Tried using the old one and got nowhere, too.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2009-01-26 17:30:15
I say GlitchDex, I want to help, and sent Abwayax a message for a Orange Glove Account on the Site. Yet no reply.

Still. The Glitchdex is about 3 Generations behind, while D/P and G/S/C won't be hard, third Gen.'s going to be a total nightmare.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-01-26 17:35:14

I say GlitchDex, I want to help, and sent Abwayax a message for a Orange Glove Account on the Site. Yet no reply.

Still. The Glitchdex is about 3 Generations behind, while D/P and G/S/C won't be hard, third Gen.'s going to be a total nightmare.

I don't think we ever stated we'd put Decamarks into the glitchdex, considering we're looking at about a total of 65000 glitch Pokémon. Could be wrong, as I've never put any effort into that area.
Yes, but as we have OVER SIX THOUSAAAAAAAANNNNND values to sort through for R/S/E Glitchdex, I doubt it'd ever even see its completion.
Worse, I doubt any visitors would want to sift through that.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2009-01-26 17:37:37

I don't think we ever stated we'd put Decamarks into the glitchdex, considering we're looking at about a total of 65000 glitch Pok?mon. Could be wrong, as I've never put any effort into that area.

Not all Decamarks can be Documented as Newo's Extended Hacker only goes up to 0500, and if 8000 is Half of FFFF (I Think), that's a lot of work cut down.