Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Comments - Page 1

Comments

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2007-05-31 16:39:55
The comments in the site have gotten out of hand. There are hundreds of posts that no one would every bother to read. I think that we should erase all existing comments from the site. 25% of the comments are spam (less now because I got rid of some) 50% are not spam but have nothing to do with the topic. and the other 25% is things that have to do with the topic. I am counting spam as random things. (like dghlwa would be spam) I am not counting useless rants. Other people may have a different preference to what they think spam is. Also spam can stretch the page. Yesterday I went through the site and deleted everything that stretched the page considerably. (some pages are big sized but will fit on a normal computer screen) So I think that all existing comments on the site should be deleted.

Re: Comments

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-05-31 18:03:49
I suppose I wouldn't mind deleting all 4315 comments

ok done

Date: 2007-05-31 20:57:28
Thank you

Posted by: philip1992
Date: 2007-06-03 08:26:09
Thanks. You are my buddy ;D

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-06-03 10:05:46
I think comments should be approved before being posted.
Then we can filter out spam

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-06-03 12:57:07

Yeah, all we need is someone who is really willing to look through all the comments and approve them every few hours.

Date: 2007-06-03 18:49:22

Yeah, all we need is someone who is really willing to look through all the comments and approve them every few hours.

Why Bother? I say we should just disable the comments. long rant here
That is my reason for why.