Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Market Bug - Page 1

Market Bug

Posted by: GARY M 9
Date: 2007-06-21 17:37:45
I bought a loose change because I was bored and got ?4.  I went back and it said the, "we're smarter than that," message.  I went back a few more times and it said I bought another loose change and my money changed. I got ?1 from the clone.  Now I was curious and did it again and I have another loose change.  If someone hits their back button after buying an expencive item and still has more money to buy the item again but doesn't want to, he/she could get their ?s wasted on something they didn't want.  Can you please fix this?

Re: Market Bug

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-21 19:25:28
If you try to reuse an item that you've already used, then you get that message. Because of how your browser cache works, it displays an old version of the page when you click back. If you refresh, then you'll get the accurate list of items.

The other quirk you described is a problem with SMFShop. Now, if it were done with a POST instead of a GET, then your browser will most likely display a warning. I'll rectify this when I can, but the shop and arcade aren't top priority.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2007-06-25 19:56:37
And just for the smart-alec quote of the day/week/gak, rectify comes from the german word "recht", meaning right. So rectify, literally means to make right. Yay for the germanic root language! English branched off from it, you know.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-25 21:47:53
How much German do you know?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-03 20:37:54
I think he may know alot more than you know!