Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Multilingual: yes or no? - Page 1

Multilingual: yes or no?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-24 23:47:03
Okay, I was thinking a few months ago, would it be worth it to put sections of GCL up in multiple languages? I know we've got some native Spanish and French speakers, so such a section would benefit them. Any thoughts?

Re: Multilingual: yes or no?

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-07-25 14:36:01
It is something *they* don't have.

Anyway, I think It will encourage a wide range of people and idea.

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2007-07-25 18:41:13
It would be cool if anyone wanted to bother to translate. we could get a bot to do it but that normaly turns up major errors and someone would need to read through that page so that it is not retarded.

Date: 2007-07-25 18:44:00
Well we could have an Babel (or other) link underneath that translates the childboards…

That way would could keep track easily.

Date: 2007-07-25 19:44:00
Child boards? I'm talking about the site, not the forums.

Date: 2007-07-27 05:42:35
I know… But I was talking about Submit a glitch in alternate languages.
I sometimes come up with ideas and describe them.. I forget to point out a change in topic.

ANYWAY
We would need someone to translate it. What we need to do is contact our Multilingual and Native speaking members. Try and keep the same style and theme.

We could have subdomains, do you think so? Such as francais.glitchcity.info or something, or just keep it on one site

If this is pulled off successfully we would be Pokemon Glitch Capital OF THE WORLD! MWAHHAAHA..etc

There would most likely need an alternative language Glitchdex due to translation differences and full understanding.

Posted by: Mist-Cailus
Date: 2007-07-27 15:28:45

I know… But I was talking about Submit a glitch in alternate languages.
I sometimes come up with ideas and describe them.. I forget to point out a change in topic.

ANYWAY
We would need someone to translate it. What we need to do is contact our Multilingual and Native speaking members. Try and keep the same style and theme.

We could have subdomains, do you think so? Such as francais.glitchcity.info or something, or just keep it on one site

If this is pulled off successfully we would be Pokemon Glitch Capital OF THE WORLD! MWAHHAAHA..etc

There would most likely need an alternative language Glitchdex due to translation differences and full understanding.

I know spanish I will be glad to translate.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2007-07-27 21:25:40
Don't forget Germany! I'll get around to translating once my syntax get better. I've only had two years of it….

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2007-07-27 21:47:29
In several months I may be able to make an Italian one!

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2007-08-02 02:27:11
Well, actually I'm an Italian native speaker, but I learnt french since I am now resident of France, and I studied enough english at school to understand it

I could translate it in both French and Italian, but I have to remember that I actually have a French glitch site, which is less performant (really) than GCL. So translating your site in French IS actually putting mine to the trash  :D

Well, I was thinking about something, don't know if you'll be okay with that, but we could use my site to be the "french antenna" of GCL, that would be the same thing actually, but my site would preserve his identity.

It's just a proposition, but I think that would be cool.

Date: 2007-08-02 03:25:40
May I see your site?

Date: 2007-08-02 03:39:54
Well, that would be hard, because actually we have no site ^^

I closed him temporarly to rebuild him, we found a good designer, he is currently working on it.

Normally it is supposed to open this month and I will show you then.

Date: 2007-08-02 04:27:50
The content of GCL is free, so you're welcome to translate it for use on your site.

Nominally, we'd link back to each other and each English-language article will have a link to the relevant page on your site, and vice-versa.

Date: 2007-08-02 05:49:42
(Thanks for the invitation to take content ^^)

Yes, this is what I mean. We would be some kind of a "French GCL", affiliate to you, and we would link back to each other.

Date: 2007-11-04 09:05:24
Hi. I'm upping this post for some reasons.

I recently decided to give up my french site of glitches. That's why I offer you my knowledge concerning French & Italian glitches.

I would, and some of my friends too, be honored to help glitchcity to become the N?1 Multilingual Pokemon Glitch site ever. I can translate all in french & italian version, and tell you what glitches works in those two versions, and what glitches we can add to the list (yeah, there are glitches working in FR version, but not in US version).

So If you're interessed in my contribution, tell me.
Thanks, Christian.