Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Please read this if you would like to waste 5 mintues of your current life span. - Page 1

Please read this if you would like to waste 5 mintues of your current life span.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-10-24 16:30:17
**I TEND TO RANDOMLY RAMBLE!THIS HAS BECOME ONE OF MY RECENT PET PEEVES**
[size=20pt][font=Verdana]
PLEASE READ THIS EVERYONE!
[/font][/size]
Sorry about my intro its not so interesting..but please read on ;D
Weird title I know.But I have realized many 'new-ish' members have gained A LOT of posts.I mean a post is basically more than one sentence.I've noticed a bunch of one word and one sentence posts.
Ex.

How do you activate a GS code on your GS?

An unessiary post would be,

Uh I dont know ask *insertnamehere*

You should only post if you have an idea or answer about it.

Sorry but this REALLY ANNOYS ME!I mean I have been accused of this before when I was a new member at another fourm.I mean I had like 1000 posts in 2 months or something and they said SPAM or Useless Posts like one sentences etc.

I've seen this ALOTALOTALOTALOT!Im not saying posting like this is against the rules [is it?]
Anyway well I have my reasons why people want to do this.
1.INCREASING POST COUNT
2.Becoming Popular?
3.bragging or bossing around others saying 'lyk omgomg i have more postz th4n j00 so i c4n b0ss j00 noobz ar0undd!!!mwhahhaa4a!!11oneoneonelven!!"

I wont say where or what topics or boards I have seen this around GCL but one I can say is definaltey PPPE.You just dont randomly post saying "LYK omgzers Immaa g0nna eat aa..uhmm Wigglytiggyjigglypuff!! munchmunch!"
You can post ideas for the army there and such NOT RANDOM EATING NESS!!
Plus you could get fat.

D:
Sorry about my random…uh topic disscuion thingie IT JUST REALLY..annoys me
thanks for listening..still >D

No Im not just saying this since Im a Global Moderator.I would of said this even if I was not!
And I hate when people try to backseat moderate or SUCK UP TO HIGHER STATS MEMBERS HOPING TO BE PROMOTED!
Its not all fun and games being staff of GCL!Im not saying Im more important than all you others but.. D:
yea. D:

These are things I hate!
Things I have been in the past most likely ALL of these.Actually ALL of these..[well I didnt suck up THAT much since the mods at other fourms were my friends-…WELL ANYWAY!]
^I was at other boards^

Okay finally again thanks for reading and I had to post this nonsense
So a summary…I hate a lot of things D: :'( :-\

Re: Please read this if you would like to waste 5 mintues of your current life span.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-25 09:02:36
I think that you post to increase postcount sometimes.

Re: Please read this if you would like to waste 5 mintues of your current life span.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-25 11:59:26
Sorry if I'm one of these :-\.

Date: 2007-10-25 15:03:37
Yeah sureeee…
Any proof?
Dude I could care less about my post count anyday.
I used to care about it on alll other fourms when I was n00bish
Well guess what?I DONT GIVE A RAT'S BUTTHOLE!

Date: 2007-10-25 15:05:09

Sorry if I'm one of these :-\.
Its okay Its okay
Its just postcount does not make you popular or ANYTHING!It just shows you either loveeee to talk or you SPAM.
But it ticks me off abit

Re: Please read this if you would like to waste 5 mintues of your current life s

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2007-10-25 16:00:23
norant XD *shot*

Well, honestly, if you have nothing to say, don't say anything.

That's all.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-10-25 19:56:46
There's another side to this, though. Like it or not, post counts do show seniority. If you join a message board, and are asking questions, and two people provide different answers, you're likely going to take the advice of the one with 1000 posts, not 10.