Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

What the heck? - Page 1

What the heck?

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-06-11 13:05:03
WTF!?!  Today, I turned on my computer and began searching the internet for new information/funny things.  I then went to GCLF and as I was scoping around and posting, all the sudden I started getting POP-UPS!!!  What the-holy crap!!! Watcjh- Hoxzzits- Meacap- UGH!!!  I want an explination!!!  It's happining right now as I post!!! >:( >:( >:(

Re: What the heck?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-11 13:11:13
Ack!

Popups…? I'm not getting any popups. I'm suggesting you may have ad-ware on your computer. Perhaps you should Ad-Aware and scan your computer.

Date: 2006-06-11 14:08:16
Well, before I came on today I had no pop-ups.  When I left the site, pop-ups stopped.  Wait…It's not doing it now!

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-06-11 14:10:35
Yes, adware can make your computer do crazy things, including making ads appear at random times, even when you're offline. I once got adware back when TRSRockin's last hosting vendor started replacing pages with their fake "download this ActiveX control to proceed" screen that just gave you loads of assorted malware. I downloaded Spy Sweeper and it deleted everything. I beleive Spy Sweeper's free trial recently changed so that it doesn't actually remove malware, though. :(

Date: 2006-06-11 14:14:08
Hmmm…If this continues, I'll get rid of the problem.  I thought that the site might be outta whack. 

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-12 18:44:34
Also, Run Spybot SD. It's at www.safer-networking.org