Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Spam board - Page 1

Spam board

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2006-06-12 21:07:58
We need a SPAM board, and contests, in my opinion.

Re: Spam board

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-06-12 22:05:17
We deleted the spam board because it was becoming the main focus of the site and not enough meaningful research and discussion was being done. As for contests, perhaps we should implement some. I could come up with some, or maybe you have some contest ideas?

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-12 22:10:29
We should do a Spam and Win as an contest. That could make the site more popular.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-12 22:52:27
Nope. Never. TGS (The Glitch Society) virtually died because of a spam board.

There was a debate going on of this sort at Simon Wai's Sonic 2 Beta message board, which others and I've already voiced my opinion on. Because only members are allowed access to that particular part of their board, I've saved the first 3 pages of that thread here (SWS2B members, of course, can read the remaining two pages, but I only saved the first three because after that point it turned into a debate about the meaning of "elitism").

Be forewarned, though - SWS2B consider themselves mature folk and aren't afraid to talk like adults. I.E. they don't censor.

Posted by: Izwzyzx
Date: 2006-06-16 19:52:40
TGS died because the spam board was DELETED when it was the only thing the forum had left going for it. It was still somewhat active before then. It wasn't the spam board's fault that the glitches section was virtually ignored in favor of TRS and GCL.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-16 23:53:19

TGS died because the spam board was DELETED when it was the only thing the forum had left going for it.

Reason why NOT to add one in the first place.