Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Spam Suggestion - Page 1

Spam Suggestion

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-22 11:47:09
This is somewhat stupid, but I think that it will make spammers want to not spam (as much).

put a picture of actual spam or something on posts you (if you're an admin) consider spam, or create a function (such as a button) that says "note as spam". When an admin clicks on it, an unremovable (unremovable too the spammer) sign saying…ummm…I don't know, maybe "THIS IS SPAM" or put a picture of a can of spam on that post. What do you think? Oh yeah, if you have nothing but hater and flaming posts to post, then LEAVE.

Re: Spam Suggestion

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-02-22 15:20:57
We'll just use WOM, the pictures seem just well… dumb.

You don't need a picture to say it's spam.  We just usually PM or post about it being sapm or edit the post to remove the spam and raise WOM.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-02-22 18:12:38
Spam pictures in a non-spamming topic, like R/B/Y HoF, would seem, weird.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-02-22 19:10:06
It's also not like we have a major spam problem here

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-02-22 19:49:06

It's also not like we have a major spam problem here

Yeah, we could just ban the spammers, easy.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-23 00:38:52
I guess al of you are right. We don't have a major spam problam here (though the main site needs a WHOLE LOTTA WORK done on it, comment wise) and it would be silly (in a bad way) to put a picture on spam comments, BANHAMMERS are better!

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-03-25 15:43:08

I guess al of you are right. We don't have a major spam problam here (though the main site needs a WHOLE LOTTA WORK done on it, comment wise) and it would be silly (in a bad way) to put a picture on spam comments, BANHAMMERS are better!
I.P. Banhammers to be exact
Even though this topic is old I still think theres an issue. :P
And if you dont regonize sarcasm dont read zach's post