Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Prevent posting in old threads - Page 2

Re: Prevent posting in old threads

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-05-04 19:56:16
Demotion is a harsh term. I prefer re-evaluation.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-05-04 20:01:59

Demotion is a harsh term. I prefer re-evaluation.

Either way, I won't bitch or moan about it; I deserved that, an administrator should be above being an asshole to members, though as you know, I'm not above it.
Like I ever really earned my Administrator rank as is, all I did was ban people and take up space, I never did my job well.
I knew the demotion (or re-evaluation as you prefer) was coming at some point, I was a small ways away from demoting myself to some lesser rank.
Nothing I can really say, can I?
Yeah, I fucking drove a member away, pretty sure "I'm sorry, I was an asshole" doesn't cut it.
I do apologize for disgracing the rank of Administrator, and I won't ask for the rank back; or any, for that matter.
Whatever my fate is is what it is, I'm one strike away from getting the boot, and I'm pretty sure I'm not able to do shit about it.
So yeah, I'm ready for whatever this brings, I deserve it and I'm totally prepared to face the consequences.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-05-04 20:10:46
Off topic, the rule is that if someone bumps an old topic to say nothing useful, then its against the rules. But if the post has a valid point and is useful to the topic, then theres nothing wrong.

Posted by: yinyang147
Date: 2008-05-05 01:13:11
If I knew all this was going to happen, I think I would've taken the warning. -.-

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2008-05-05 13:22:50

If I knew all this was going to happen, I think I would've taken the warning. -.-

You don't like which part of this drama?

I don't like the drama either. This drama seems to be part of a bigger problem, one of which I'm not sure of, because I became inactive after getting a high post count of over 1,000. And I'm not sure why I'm so inactive.

But I can say something: this long-lasting drama reminds me of real life's crusades.

Or maybe it's simply a war between the admins and their differing-by-age goals.

Reply to your original post: Simply another problem caused by diversity. This forum chose not to make moderators and admins spend a lot of work on locking every old thread they can find, and instead, just get the members themselves to check the post dates. I think members checking the post dates themselves creates less work, because you don't really have to check the post date if you're in a huge board with several pages, and you're only reading threads in the first or second pages.

If you think this forum shouldn't be diverse, that conflicts with my opinion: if everything is the same, it's easy to wipe everything out by exploiting a weakness their kind has. Just saying. I think it's better to let things be different.

So, we can be blamed for being different, you can be blamed for expecting the same.

But, I don't think the real fault goes to anyone here. It's the world's fault for dulling one's expectation of differences to the point that it works the other way. XD

Off topic, the rule is that if someone bumps an old topic to say nothing useful, then its against the rules. But if the post has a valid point and is useful to the topic, then theres nothing wrong.

I agree it should be that way, but you sure that's the rule? The moderators seem to be divided over that. Then again, I don't know what the hell has changed.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-05-05 14:27:41
There's no rule against bumping, nor should there be… IMO.

Date: 2008-05-06 17:19:45

I agree it should be that way, but you sure that's the rule? The moderators seem to be divided over that. Then again, I don't know what the hell has changed.

Well, thats what I thought the rule was, its what it should be, and I'll make it official if it will make people stop bitching.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-05-07 23:58:11
Soo…Yuzi almost drove yinyang147 huh?

*uses evil powers to revive dead threads to create my zombie thread army*

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-05-07 23:58:27

Soo…Yuzi almost drove away yinyang147 huh?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-05-08 11:41:46

Soo…Yuzi almost drove away yinyang147 huh?

Bad quote.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-05-10 15:45:53
Could someone lock this and give at least one of those two a spam warning?

Date: 2008-05-10 17:30:13

Could someone lock this and give at least one of those two a spam warning?

Now, I agree hole heartedly.
*locked*
blitzer, Warn O Meter 2.0 + 5 for spam.
[size=1]The first post didn't have much, if any relevance, and and second post was just spam. You can remove your own posts if you add one on accident.  So try that next time. Thanks [/size]