Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Plans for New GCL software - Page 1

Plans for New GCL software

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-07-22 00:14:35
http://wikihost.org/wikis/abwayax/wiki/kayla

posting it again even though no one read it on Sparta

Re: Plans for New GCL software

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-07-22 00:16:58
I didn't see this on Sparta. All I saw, was the news, about the server frying, and that's it.[/colro]

Date: 2008-07-22 00:30:33
It was on sparta, just not in News.

although I don't think any of this is of interest to anyone who isn't either an admin (in which case you have to care, because the admin CP is the only section being really redesigned) or technically minded

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-07-22 00:40:22
I'm just a useless mod, nothing more. *Shrugs* I'd love to help out, but I can't do anything.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-07-22 02:32:12
If this is, in fact, released as an alpha on the first, will it be implemented into the site? Or are we going to wait until the beta is released? Or are we going to wait for the final version?

Date: 2008-07-22 03:56:48
Probably the alpha. Kayla will be so awesome even its first alpha will be better than whatever we have now

Date: 2008-07-22 23:12:55
Alright, cool. Because, just about anything will be better then what we have now.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-23 23:16:26
better than what we have now is just an opinion. Then again, I've got a laptop with a five-minute battery life, a white-grey monitor (and the image is starting to get blurry), speakers, keyboard and mouse, and I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.16, so maybe my opinion isn't best.
Also, The Orange Glove is sooooo much a better name.

Date: 2008-07-29 04:16:44
Yes, its an opinion but its one that most all people would agree with.

Date: 2008-08-08 02:08:20
Further updates to the software will first be implemented on area42 http://72.179.174.38/area42/glove/ before being introduced to GCL.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2008-08-13 13:08:06
[me=Wack0]checks admin panel .. "kayla object no found"[/me]

haha.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-08-13 18:44:00

haha.
it's still in development. You weren't planning on using it anyway, were you? If you need something done, ask an admin. We can do it. Don't ask me though. Our Super-Special-Awesome workaround doesn't work for me.

Date: 2008-08-14 10:38:41

haha.
it's still in development. You weren't planning on using it anyway, were you? If you need something done, ask an admin. We can do it. Don't ask me though. Our Super-Special-Awesome workaround doesn't work for me.

Same here.  So how long until kayla is actually up? Because I want to add new pages and edit existing ones but I can't do that with the work around. I'f its going to be a while, then why can we keep what we had up until kayla is actually up?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-08-14 10:54:52
I can work the "SUPER-SPECIAL-AWESOME-WORKAROUND."

If you're wondering what I'm doing, I'm still working on the PhoneDex.

Posted by: Matlab
Date: 2008-08-14 11:30:59
Our Super-Special-Awesome workaround doesn't work for me.

Try finishing C logging out then logging back in. The cookie settings had to be set to be subdomain-independent for this to work