Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

So why doesn't abwayax get off his lazy fat ass and DO SOMETHING - Page 1

So why doesn't abwayax get off his lazy fat ass and DO SOMETHING

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-09-04 21:45:03
Because he already is, dumbass!

Screenshots below:

[attachment=1]
Front page.

[attachment=2]
Admin login. Not much different than GCL's.

[attachment=3]
Admin frontpage. There should be stuff like system statistics and quick edit links and whatnot, but I'm putting that in last because I have to actually add the interfaces for that

[attachment=4]
The root directory. Kayla uses a true directory hierarchy, unlike the current GCL software that only supports top-level directories (any admins here who frequently use the Documents interface would know this)

[attachment=5]
The "examples" directory. One page is marked as index; this is a new feature to kayla and is only halfway supported in old GCL (the attackdex's index used to be called something like "attackdex.index")

[attachment=6]
The Edit form. This is ripped straight off GCL's, with some minor adjustments.

[attachment=7]
Another example, with "text/plain" being given as mimetype, which instructs kayla to render the page as plaintext.

[attachment=8]
Creating a new page.

[attachment=9]
The system directory, which holds all the "system" templates like header, footer, leftmenu etc. Because I based this off a GCL database dump, the "ipblocklist" exists in this database too, even though kayla does not use this (it has a separate table for ip blocks)

This is pretty much all that's done, and there are still a few bugs… alpha 3 will be out within December, and that is when GCL gets an upgrade. I won't be working on any of the other 2.0 stuff in the meantime because of the constantly changing main code.

Re: So why doesn't abwayax get off his lazy fat ass and DO SOMETHING

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-09-07 19:29:28
So wait… we're going to have no main admin interface until December? That's kind of a long time. :/
I mean, yeah. I have MySQL access and all, but it's inconvenient.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-09-07 20:02:20
I've made it pretty far in secondary school math without a graphing calculator (the kind that my peers in middle school had and would play Block Dude on the bus and whatnot), so you'll make it

I mean sheesh I can make it in GCL admin life with phpmyadmin so you should be able to too.

Unless you want to learn PHP and go help me write the damn thing, then maybe it'll be out in late November instead.

‬‭‪‫‬‭҉Re: So why doesn't abwayax get off his lazy fat ass and DO SOMETHING

Date: 2008-09-07 20:10:27

Unless you want to learn PHP and go help me write the damn thing, then maybe it'll be out in late November instead.
‫‬‭‪‫‬‭Actually, I know some PHP, and am looking for an opportunity to practice it and get better at it, so sign me up.‫‬‭‪‫‬‭҉
betcha you weren't expecting THAT, were you? :P

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-09-07 22:18:47
I know quite a bit of PHP, and would also be up to some work on Kayla.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-09-08 09:48:24
I'll extend my knowledge of PHP then try and help.
I know stuff but it is so basic it wont help :P

Date: 2008-09-08 16:05:02

I mean sheesh I can make it in GCL admin life with phpmyadmin so you should be able to too.

actually, almost every time I try to edit something I get an error.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-09-10 19:35:42
I have no skill at PHP and I can barley read the stuff in the phpmyadmin, let alone edit it. No thank you, no need to crash the site cause I'm a dumb ass. But regardless, the Orange Glove looks good and the sooner its out the better, I've got some good 2.0 stuff I worked on durning the summer. Nice job Abb.