Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

IRC channel? - Page 1

IRC channel?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-02-04 21:29:21
I know that this is a stupid question, but what is the IRC channel?

Re: IRC channel?

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-02-04 21:41:15
A chat room alongside many other chat rooms on an server/network using the Internet Relay Chat protocol.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-02-04 21:48:23
No, for GCL. 

Date: 2009-02-04 22:01:25
Oh, none exist now.

Though, you could join the completely-dead #glitchcity on allpurpose.ath.cx, but it turned from a channel for the site to a channel for the people with almost no rules.

Allpurpose/HydrocityNet also isn't for people who can't tolerate any drama or for anyone easily offended or shocked, and thus is not really safe for work. (you might say it's for 18 and up, but I don't like that expression especially since almost everyone there is between 13-17, ironically enough)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-02-04 22:02:41
I seem to be pretty much old enough as I'm 20. But a lot of the members, are way younger. Even if there was another IRC, I'd doubt anyone would go on it.

Date: 2009-02-04 22:07:07
Though, I only say this about HydrocityNet, because #blah, the only channel that's really that way, is visible in /list and its topic can be added to by anyone at any time. That, and #anime's topic mentions "hentai", but you're on GCLF, so you should be able to handle that.

Perhaps I could +s #blah and make HydrocityNet more work-safe if you avoid #blah?

Date: 2009-02-04 22:21:30
I'm not worried about viruses my laptop is protected, but my PC isn't.

Date: 2009-02-04 22:31:15
IRC doesn't cause viruses. Though certain links posted on IRC might, but that's very rare, unless it's a link with "spysheriff" in it. (SpySheriff's an #glitchcity inside joke.)

Date: 2009-02-04 22:34:54
I've had enough PC issues, over the years thanks. My parents, don't help. *Sighs* Even if there was an IRC, again would anyone use it?

Date: 2009-02-04 23:03:47

I've had enough PC issues, over the years thanks. My parents, don't help. *Sighs* Even if there was an IRC, again would anyone use it?

Nope.

Date: 2009-02-04 23:23:17
…Ah I see, so then we shouldn't bother with another IRC, seeing as it'll be a waste of time.