Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

My English assignment. Your part in the story. - Page 1

My English assignment. Your part in the story.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-08-31 21:01:31
And the site's unofficial background story.
The problem: The rough draft is due tomorrow.
Here's what you can do: help me write this story. Become a character in it.
Here's what I'm doing: I'm writing a myth explaining the creation of glitches.
Here's the story so far:
Long ago in the electronic world, harmony existed between the gods Abwayax, Izwzyx, Zowayix, and this world's inhabitants.

and that's all I have so far :P
here's a rough plot outline:
disruption of harmony
disruptor wants to rule this world
gods confront disruptor
gods win
some stuff
rematch
gods lose; are banished to RAM
when they try to contact with outer world, they cause weird effects.

Re: My English assignment. Your part in the story.

Date: 2006-08-31 21:05:47
feel free to sign up as a character. you'll need to give a name no harder to pronounce than Izwzyzx. yes, it has to be a name similar to these, because otherwise, it'd be weird to have a normal name in the midst of this.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-08-31 22:44:40
Can I be Abwayax?

Date: 2006-08-31 22:58:19
sure. :P

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-08-31 23:13:54
Here's my idea for the story.

Long ago, in times of ancient, the Gods brought Glitches to the world, and everything was good. Through the Glitches, the people of the world gained extensive insight into the workings of the universe, risking their lives to do so, and enjoying it. Teamwork and cooperation were some of the ideas that helped this civilization prosper.

Then suddenly, dissent grew within the ranks of mankind. One rebel leader, the Crystal Mew, attacked the Gods and claimed the Glitches all to himself. The Crystal Mew practiced the arcane magicks that allowed him to fight the Gods on their supernatural level. The Gods were able to confront and defeat the Crystal Mew in the first confrontation.

But things were never as well as they once had been. There was much division between the community, with one side believing this, another side believing that, and third and fourth  and fifth sides believing whatever else. The Gods have lost their dominion over mankind, and The Crystal Mew is able to further break the community apart by spreading rumors. The Crystal Mew eventually wins over control of the world, and locks the Gods in the prison of RAM for eternity.

And this struggle continues today. As humans of this world unearth more and more about these strange beings, there is still tension and conflict. The end, etc etc.

… except with 2 pages.

Date: 2006-09-01 00:04:17
hmmmm…. I see. I think I might do better with a different subject for my paper, but when I get the chance, I'll expand upon this.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2006-09-04 11:26:15
Your story is missing one thing.

[size=50pt]SEX!!![/size]
*escapes for no good reason*