Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Posted by: Tweaker
Date: 2009-02-28 11:13:47
I have a remotely linked avatar that is meant to act as a randomizer script. Until my most recent visit to the forums, it seemed to work properly, changing after every page refresh; now it seems to be uploading the avatar to the GCL server from the given URL in the User CP.

Is it possible this can be changed back to the old system? I'd very much like it if my avatar rotated as it's meant to. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Fuck me, I put this in the wrong forum section. Anyone mind moving this to Suggestions/Complaints?

Re: Avatar issues

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-02-28 11:18:02
Actually it's still the same system, all avatars have just been messed up during the move between server.

Give me the link to the picture/url and I'll see what I can do.

Date: 2009-02-28 11:20:20
Here's how it's meant to appear:

[img]http://xkeeper.sonicretro.org/rotator/rotate.png[/img]

(Copy/paste for URL)

Each time you refresh a new image should load. I've got about 200+ images in there. Lots of variety. :D

Date: 2009-02-28 11:23:20
K, it's fixed now… I think.

Edit: Nope, gonna poke around in the Admin CP to try to fix it.

Date: 2009-02-28 11:24:17
Nope–it's doing the same thing as before. :(

Date: 2009-02-28 11:28:07
Ok, I see the problem now, upload picture from URL was checked.

*unchecks and resets avatar*