Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Podcast? - Page 1

Podcast?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-03-07 08:58:03
Anybody think that it would be a good idea to have a podcast for this site? Like talking about new glitches, current issues around them, and such? Main thing wrong is a dearth of glitch "news"…but I still think it would be a good idea. I know that the staff has a lot on their hands now, but after that…

Re: Podcast?

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-03-07 18:14:52
Yes yes and yes.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-03-07 20:22:12
That sounds like a great idea. It could be a collaborative effort too, with segments submitted by users. It'd be really cool.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-03-07 23:31:29
Though it wouldn't be a "podcast" per-se since podcast implies iPod and most of GCLF is NoMac.

(No offense zach :x)

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-03-08 08:28:55
Would you really want to listen when reading is quicker and easier? Blog, now….

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-03-08 09:13:40
If we had a steady stream of information to give the masses, I'd say yes. But we really don't at this point, so I don't see a reason for it yet.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-03-08 12:00:51

Though it wouldn't be a "podcast" per-se since podcast implies iPod and most of GCLF is NoMac.

"podcasts" are just mp3s though. You don't need an ipod to listen to them. Whoever came up with that name was probably either an Apple employee or a halfwit.

And I'd like to think we have info, such as
1) Project Phoenix (wiki transition)
2) Glitchdex 2.1, Attackdex/Itemdex 2.0
3) Glitch Wars fanfiction
4) GCL Edition fangame
5) Just general Pokemon crap
6) The Pokemon fandom itself
7) How much Bulbapedia fails glitches

What I don't want is for such a mode of communication to be swamped with inside jokes ("Guy has yellow", "Water under construction", etc)

Date: 2009-03-08 12:43:23
I thought Project Phoenix was secret!
Anyway, when do you guys wanna start on the first episode?

Date: 2009-03-08 14:42:14

It's been mentioned several times by Glisp and other people so secret has already been out.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-03-08 16:40:04

"podcasts" are just mp3s though. You don't need an ipod to listen to them. Whoever came up with that name was probably either an Apple employee or a halfwit.

4) GCL Edition fangame

What I don't want is for such a mode of communication to be swamped with inside jokes ("Guy has yellow", "Water under construction", etc)

If anything, I would say that it shouldn't be very critical. If people go to listen to it and we say something rather condescending they probably won't listen again.

I agree with minimal inside jokes. They just clog the whole thing up. Plus, you have to be on the 'inside' to get them.

Who would narrate the (for lack of a better word) Podcast?

Date: 2009-03-08 18:11:38
LH Michelle *shot*

But on a serious note, we'd probably have an audition or something or a vote.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-03-08 18:23:54

It's been mentioned several times by Glisp and other people so secret has already been out.

Oops. My bad. I'm suprised i didn't get into trouble for doing that. Just so you know I have a problem with keeping some secerts. (better work on that huh?)

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-03-09 16:32:13
It wasn't really secret, I just put the wiki link in the exclusive board because it's not really public yet.

Glitchdex 2 was made public during the alpha stage, and the link ended up on our Bulbapedia entry before we managed to finalize it. I had to go in and remove it with a warning that it wasn't meant for the public yet.

Date: 2009-03-11 15:42:08

4) GCL Edition fangame

If anything, I would say that it shouldn't be very critical. If people go to listen to it and we say something rather condescending they probably won't listen again.

I agree with minimal inside jokes. They just clog the whole thing up. Plus, you have to be on the 'inside' to get them.

Who would narrate the (for lack of a better word) Podcast?
Why not the NARRATOR?

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-03-12 17:41:00
I'd like to stray away from that. Microsoft Sam is overused as shit.