Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Member+ - Page 1

Member+

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-04-28 21:52:37
So about half a year later, I log in to find that I am now a member+. My initial reaction is "SWEET!". But then I realize, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary to deserve this. Plus, I'm absent half the time. This makes me wonder:

Re: Member+

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-04-28 21:53:28
read this

I nominated you. You should feel special :P

Date: 2009-04-28 22:02:01
Hmm… Thank you. Ironically, most of them said the same thing. :XD: It's nice to know I'm appreciated. Also simply because I have time to ask:

What is this sudden fascination with what appears to be a pok?mon comic. I obviously missed something. :???:

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-04-28 22:14:06
re. benefits: We have pizza every Wednesday in the exclusive board. However, the new guy has to pay for it. There's also a reduced limit on name changes and… uh… you look more impressive with a plus sign in your rank? Oh, yeah, and the exclusive board. Most important decisions are made there, including who gets to be member+ or moderator (as you've probably seen). It's the closest thing I've seen to an actual democracy on a forum (albeit a limited one, but it's easier to get into the exclusive board than it is to get on any real-world congress or parliament).

Qualifications: not much really, if you're a decent enough member and you stay around for a while and make good posts then you're a shoo-in. The exclusive board isn't really exclusive - anyone is theoretically eligible (unless you're CJMiller and you've managed to piss everyone off, which is tough to do around here), so I guess it's inclusively exclusive. You don't have to be extremely active either (a lot of them are actually former mods who were knocked down to the rank after inactivity).

The comic ("The Sir-Knight Experience", Sir-Knight being a transliteration of the Japanese name of Gardevoir) is here.

Edit: I've always wondered… You say you're a ghost medic. Does this mean you deal with phantom limbs?

Date: 2009-04-28 22:38:06
RE: Comic - So that's what this is about…

RE: Phantom Limbs - I've heard of that. But actually I just like ghosts, zombies, and, in general, the creepy. The "Medic" part actually comes out of the facts that:

A)My grandpa was a marine corpsman (Marine equivalent of a medic) in Vietnam.

B)My favorite style of play (when available) is the medic (or offensive healer) type class.

C)I play mediator/referee within my circle of friends.