Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Wiki 'Project Phoenix' Grammar - Page 1

Wiki 'Project Phoenix' Grammar

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-02 13:44:51
So, as some of you know, I love good grammar. I understand that this is a dialogue, so I try not to make it look too proper, but in writing, I think it is a must.

I have been going through the pages in the GCLWiki and have been editing some very blatant errors (i.e. you instead of your). I am very frustrated, however, since I have to wait until somebody has to read it and okay it.

So that got me to thinking. Upper-members can edit the Wiki without any sort of wait period, so what if there was some sort of 'Phoenix' class or something that showed that you were an active and legitimate participant in the Wiki transition?

If it sounds stupid, well…

Re: Wiki 'Project Phoenix' Grammar

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-02 13:58:00
There's already a member group that is auto-approved.  And as for the grammar thing, all I did was port pages verbatim off the main site correct a few things here and there then adding pictures.

Would you like to be added to the auto approved group?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-05-02 14:01:00
I'd like to be added to the auto approved group.  I would like to help with the wiki as much as possible, but having to wait for someone to approve it is very annoying, especially when it's a minor edit.  But my WOM will probably have to go down first…

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-02 14:37:00
Yes, I would like to be added, thank you!

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-05-02 15:22:28
Jesus Christ, everyone. Phoenix is technically not open to the public yet. There are things to sort out regarding code and layout. Grammar corrections can wait.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-07 14:55:13

I have been going through the pages in the GCLWiki and have been editing some very blatant errors (i.e. you instead of your). I am very frustrated, however, since I have to wait until somebody has to read it and okay it.

So that got me to thinking. Upper-members can edit the Wiki without any sort of wait period, so what if there was some sort of 'Phoenix' class or something that showed that you were an active and legitimate participant in the Wiki transition?

I think I'm one of those members responsible for that. I know I'm the guy who compares old and new revisions of articles  and checks to see if the new revision surpasses the other one in quality. If the new revision is good quality then it gets approved.

Did I get that correct Abwayax or am I off some? Oh and Abwayax, sorry for putting that into my custom title. It got everyone all fired up to edit the wiki too early. Well at least some of the Article addition will get done faster which means that the date the Wiki opens to the public will be sooner. (Provided of course everything goes smooth on your side, Abwayax with the code of course.)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-07 15:19:37

Well at least some of the Article addition will get done faster which means that the date the Wiki opens to the public will be sooner.

Didn't I add all the articals from the site that can be ported without using some weird format porter/php? :P

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-07 17:25:49
Oh? Well then I guess, ummmm….. blah!  :-\