Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Big List Mark II - Page 1

Big List Mark II

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-09-18 02:14:03
Soon, I'll revamp the Big List. It will be made more dynamic and searchable - you can choose to view only R/B, R/B/Y, G/S/C, etc, or perhaps only a range of hexes. In addition, for R/B/Y C8-FF, trainers will be shown alongside their Pokemon equivalents.

Suggestions?

Re: Big List Mark II

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-09-18 09:42:42
Well, for starters, I'll warn you that the Big List isn't so easily editable as other HTML pages. I made it in Microsoft Frontpage, and we all know that HTML output from WYSIWYG editors is always messy. But, although I usually write my HTML by hand, I had no choice for this, because it's an enormous pain in the rear to type out 9 rows of 256 table cells by hand. Trust me, I tried. :P Now, I can open it in Frontpage to edit it, and I might be able to implement some of these features that you're wanting with Javascript alone, but I know nothing of PHP.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-18 19:55:09
I used a WYSIWYG editor from Mozilla.

Date: 2006-09-19 19:38:29
Add a few more things to the list: letters, sprites, furniture, etc. It could make the big list even bigger though.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-09-29 00:38:51
we need a Periodic Table of the Elements Glitches, or something like that. Clicking on a glitch's box takes you to their info.

Date: 2006-09-29 00:45:33
And how would they be organized in columns? By glitchiness, strength, or type of glitches?

Date: 2006-09-29 01:49:26
well, for starters, the "atomic symbol" would be their hexadecimal number, their "atomic mass" could be their dex number, and their "atomic number" would be their hex number in decimal format

but beyond that I dunno

Posted by: rjaguar3
Date: 2006-09-30 00:21:47
I always thought of R/B:191-199 (the nifty nine) as a 3x3 square like this

[table]
[tr][td][/td][td]X[/td][td]Y[/td][td]Z[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1[/td][td]A[/td][td]a[/td][td]Chisai-u[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2[/td][td].4[/td][td]h Pok?[/td][td]Pok?WTrainer[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3[/td][td]PkMn[/td][td]LM4[/td][td]p T[/td][/tr]
[/table]

I then note that:

Group X glitches are all pure.
Group Y glitches are all hybrids.
Group Z glitches freeze the game (Dex = 205).
Period 2 glitches' glitchdexes hang the game.

That's all I can think of for now.

Perhaps if the different varieties of Missingno. (based on hex value) could be organized, that could be one table.  And perhaps the superbicentennial glitches can be the lanthanides and actinides.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-10-06 17:33:19

Soon, I'll revamp the Big List. It will be made more dynamic and searchable - you can choose to view only R/B, R/B/Y, G/S/C, etc, or perhaps only a range of hexes. In addition, for R/B/Y C8-FF, trainers will be shown alongside their Pokemon equivalents.

Suggestions?

Well you could do all the hexes for trainers. 010056D0 Turns pokemon into trainers

Date: 2006-10-06 22:17:15
An unremarkable code at best. All the "trainers" made by this code are the same, save for sprite.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-10-06 22:20:26
ooo i like the periodic table idea!Thats awsome! :D