Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Putting the Gameshark code archives in HTML pages - Page 1

Putting the Gameshark code archives in HTML pages

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2010-07-08 17:55:32
They make them completely unreadable, partly because it was intended for fixed-width fonts (I believe) and because MediaWiki screws up the line breaks.

Please put them back into text files, until you are done adding them to the wiki.

Alternatively, we could just view them in the edit box, but I don't think this is a very good solution.

(I could do this myself, but it would result in an edit war and stuff, and I am uninvolved with the wiki.)

Re: Putting the Gameshark code archives in HTML pages

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2010-07-09 05:06:56
Do it, a link to a pure html page with a list of the codes, pure text.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-07-10 08:42:00

Do it, a link to a pure html page with a list of the codes, pure text.

That might work well, the only problems I can see with that though is that contributors would have to email Mugendai again to submit more codes on to the wiki and its development would be a much slower process once we get more contributors. With the wiki article any unconfirmed codes would end up in the draft, so they can simply be reviewed.

Tombstoner started to attempt 'wikifying' the Gameshark codes archive so that they could be displayed correctly, made to look a little neater and so that their functions could be elaborated on. http://www.glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Pok%C3%A9mon_GameShark_Codes_%28Generation_I%29

The new article is probably about 20% complete or so, so if we put a lot of effort into the article we could get it done. Maybe, no matter slow our progress is, we could convert the old article back into a text document and incorporate any new code requests on to the new article.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2010-07-10 17:19:50
The e-mail address hasn't worked for a long time, but then again, they never actually e-mailed me when it was alive. I think it would have been better to submit contributions to the forum instead.

I think I should have removed or changed it, but I never really bothered to.

That article seems formatted well enough, although I have the feeling its structure could be improved in some ways. In particular, <code> tags (or similar that MediaWiki provides) should be used for the Gameshark codes.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2010-07-10 18:58:20
I really want to help and get this done, but I wont be getting a laptop for 3 to 4 weeks. But just know that if I get a new computer Im totally in.