Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Forgive me if i'm wrong, however... - Page 1

Forgive me if i'm wrong, however...

Posted by: Glitch Hunter
Date: 2010-12-04 15:07:15
Forgivaeme if i'm wrong, however I came back to the site after about a year (can't remember why I left) and thought, "well hey, might as well make some topics, make a few mates and post etc" and things were going great, but on a few of the topics I made (See, dyed my hair, and a post in the newest dumpster topic etc) I ALWAYS seemed to get "trolled" or whatever the name for it is nowadays. No doubt that, now I've brought this up, I'm gonna get trolled AGAIN but I thought that if I who has been here three years was getting trolled for things I noticed, wanted to share etc then new members who come to talk about Glitches, Pokemon and/or make friends wouldn't stand a chance.

I'm not at all questioning the Admins or anything, I'm just… well rather upset actually. I recently read the rules again and I'm sure that one of the rules (well, in a nutshell) was basically something along the lines of Not Taking The Mick/Shit Out Of New Members And/Or Members That Have Said Something You Dont Understand/Care About/Are Too Thick To Think About ETC?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, of course. If it's OK to Take the Piss out of someone who probably doesn't have any confidence to start with then of course.

Not questioning the Admins, I'm merely curious.

Re: Forgive me if i'm wrong, however...

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2010-12-04 16:35:19
Well, I've been inactive for a long while, and so I'm not really sure what's going on, but, as I am an admin…

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6341.0.html

Asking for ROMs is against the rules, and answering your question is also against the rules, because ROMs are illegal due to copyright reasons. The only thing we can say is to use Google to find them. Sorry.

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6332.0.html

I think this is a case of people forgetting to be nice here; it is much easier to be rude than kind. I agree with Adrain Malacoda's (he's the forum owner) statement on this; they should be nicer about it.

And it is against the rules, we've just become so lax here on a fairly inactive forum, I suppose. Especially me, the admin that almost never does anyone on here nowadays.

Date: 2010-12-04 16:41:39
I know, i posted the topic and when i got moved i looked at the rules and thought "osheet" lol.

Though the thing Gary said sort of made me feel like he didn't even read the thing and just saw the "can someon find me a rom" because i dont have internet at home, only at college so I can;t get them at college which is why i asked.

But yeah, some of the things said on my hair dying topic actually really hurt if I'm honest.

Date: 2010-12-04 17:01:53

Though the thing Gary said sort of made me feel like he didn't even read the thing and just saw the "can someon find me a rom" because i dont have internet at home, only at college so I can;t get them at college which is why i asked.

I don't think he means badly; of course we can't say much about your question, although it probably would do well to explain a bit more to a new(ish) user.

Date: 2010-12-04 17:06:30
Lol not really new, after 3 years. but yeah probably.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-12-04 18:38:47

Lol not really new, after 3 years. but yeah probably.

lol
3 years does actually sound kinda new

Date: 2010-12-04 18:46:18
I count newish by longtime inactivity and general inactivity. If you joined 3 years ago but rarely posted and went on, you're newish. (of course, this is all based on assumptions so I'm probably wrong)

Date: 2010-12-05 04:21:40
True,well i'm trying (yeah trying) to mak up my post count with the limited internet i have.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2010-12-05 12:35:54

No, I read the thing, I just figured you'd eventually find a way around the block but…

http://www.torproject.org/

This will be slow ~100KB but it works.  I've never used tor personally but I know Mugendai has, so you can PM him about setting it up and things like that.  If you can't download tor, get to a library or something and put it on a flashdrive or if someone is willing to, they can send it to you via DCC in the chatroom.

After that, finding a site that has ROMs would be by either PMs or Google.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-12-06 18:23:59

I count newish by longtime inactivity and general inactivity. If you joined 3 years ago but rarely posted and went on, you're newish. (of course, this is all based on assumptions so I'm probably wrong)

^
this

Date: 2010-12-07 07:09:47

No, I read the thing, I just figured you'd eventually find a way around the block but…

http://www.torproject.org/

This will be slow ~100KB but it works.  I've never used tor personally but I know Mugendai has, so you can PM him about setting it up and things like that.  If you can't download tor, get to a library or something and put it on a flashdrive or if someone is willing to, they can send it to you via DCC in the chatroom.

After that, finding a site that has ROMs would be by either PMs or Google.

Still blocked under remote proxies =/ oh well i'll try to find something.